X- Shades of Death Roads.

Legend has it, that many years ago, a car of teenagers were driving down a country road in Hackettstown after the prom. Due to the windy nature of the path, and slippery conditions, the car crashed into a ditch and a girl, still in her prom dress, died. To this day, you can still see her wandering the curve that she was murdered on wearing her dress.

The road is actually named, "Shades of Death Road" and is located towards Great Meadows by Jenny Jump State Park and Ghost Lake (A highly haunted area). The road is very windy and tales tells that if you, as an unsuspecting teenager, drive too fast down Shades of Death Road, the ghost of the dead girl will present herself to you, there by forcing you into a fiery death as well – perhaps a warning to others?

Part of the story also includes this tid bit: Every section of the road that contains a reflective guardrail is where someone has died.

----------------------------------------Another Version--------------------------------------

There is a "Shades of Death Road" in Hanover Township, PA.

When you go down the road it actually inclines downward and the trees develop a natural canopy so that it’s almost dark as night during the middle of the day.

The story goes that this miserable young guy lost his girl, his job, his dog, his keys etc. so he hung himself at the lowest point of the road from one of the trees that formed the canopy. He wasn’t found for days.

Now his spirit haunts there and if you’re driving at night don’t stop or someone or something will start chasing you. I have heard extreme cases of cars not starting in the basin, or people getting out of their car and hearing footsteps or unexplained breathing. In the 80′s and early 90′s rumors flew about devil worshipping going on there.