~Prologue~

(Note: I have just given this novella a HUGE edit, and slight rewrite, so it is a more enjoyable read! I hope you all like it, xoxo Andrea)

She was standing.

In a white room.

The floor was icy cold to touch and her feet pricked with pain from what could only be the beginning of frostbite.

She frantically looked around for some way to get out.

But there were no doors that she could detect.

"Hello? Hello?!" She whispered, her voice tight.

She waited for a reply, but the only sound in the room was her loud ragged breathing.

Her feet were going numb now.

She could hear her heart beating in an uneven rhythm within her chest. Growing stronger and faster by the minute.

"Is this what it's like to die?" She asked herself.

But death was not what was coming for her.

She waited.

And then after what seemed like hours. A door, invisible to her until now, slid open. Revealing a middle aged woman. She had a prominent bone structure and muscled arms peaking out from underneath her innocent looking nurses gown.

"Hello sweetie." The woman crooned, her voice indifferent.

She just stared back, terror filled her vision.

"Oh, so you don't want to play nice? Do you young lady?" The woman's voice was in her ear now, slicing through the sound of the ragged breathing she had been listening to for the last few hours.

"What do you want from me?!" She yelled at the woman, her eyes were wild now.

"You're special, young woman. You just don't know it. I'm merely trying to help you." The woman replied in a calm demeanour.

"What do you mean I'm.."

That was when the woman jabbed the syringe deep into her heart.

And this is how my story begins...