Chapter 21 ~ The End

Epilogue.

"Honey! We're home!" My Mother shouts as my Father and her enter our lounge, to find Liam and I cuddling on the couch, watching Aquamarine.

Good chick flick, about Mermaids, can't believe Liam agreed to watch it though.

"What did we miss? Oh..." Dad says, spotting Liam and I on the couch.

"Heh...yeah, Liam and I are dating now." I reply, Liam and I grinning up at my parents.

"Thats great! I always knew you two would get together! Took you long enough!" Mum laughs, giving Liam and I a kiss on our foreheads, making me cringe in embarrassment.

"Muuuummmmm!" I protest.

"What? You guys are an adorable couple, Liam, honey, how are you?" Mum asks, heading into the kitchen to get herself a cup of coffee.

"Great thanks." Liam replies, chuckling at my embarrassed face.

"Good on you lad." My Dad says, patting Liam on the back as he heads into the kitchen after my mum.

"So, sweetie, anything else happen? Apart from getting together with the lovely Liam here?" Mum asks, putting a spoon of instant coffee into her cup.

"Uh, not really." I reply, tracing shapes on Liam's arm.

"Did you have fun at Uni?" Dad asks.

"Uh, yeah." I mumble, realising I've missed out on a few days and have probably left my class baffled, I've got some explaining to do when I get back.

"Did you die without us here?" Mum giggles.

"Of course not!" I laugh, pouring on the charm, not wanting to let them know that I changed into a Mermaid, got captured my evil scientists, died, came back to life and am now not a Mermaid, but can be whenever I want.

Yeah, they would totally believe that.

"What beautiful necklaces! Did you two buy them together?" My Mum asks, reentering the lounge to sit on one of the chairs.

"Yeah..." I reply, looking down at my necklace.

"They suit you two." My Mother replies.

"Thanks. So how did work go?" I ask, as Dad reenters the room with a coffee also, taking a seat in another chair.

"Oh, honey! We found our Narwhals!" Mum squeals, and Liam and I have to bite our lips to not burst out laughing.

"They were amazing! It was so cold in Antarctica though, but the Narwhals were worth it." Mum adds, grinning.

"Aww, thats sweet." I reply, happy that Mum and Dad love their jobs, and they aren't evil scientists like Jenna.

"Sweetie, we brought some sushi on the drive home from our research centre, shall we go down to the beach and eat it? We brought chicken, your favourite!" Mum announces excitedly, and we all nod and walk down the sandy path to the shore, to find the sun setting beautifully in the distance. Creating a stunning sunset in the sky, it looks a little coral tinged, like the colour of Liam and I's necklaces.

My Mother lays down a checked picnic mat on the sand and the four of us take a seat on it, Mum placing the chicken sushi boxes down in the middle.

"Yum, this looks great." Liam comments, looking hungrily down at the sushi.

"Dig in." Mum giggles, and we all take a piece, eating away happily.

"So, did you two both go to the hairdressers this week?" Dad asks as we eat.

"What do you mean?" I ask, taking another piece of sushi.

"Well, Liam, your hair never used to be that short, and Hannah, honey, I don't remember your hair being that long." Dad mumbles, looking Liam and I up and down.

"Uh, yeah, I got extensions, and, er, Liam, wanted to try something different." I reply, smiling sheepishly.

"Well you both look great!" Mum squeals.

"Heh, thanks." I reply.

Bless my parents.

Soon the four of us have finished eating and are relaxing as we watch the last rays of sun in the sky. Mum and Dad are sitting casually, and I am snuggled into Liam's toned chest, his arms wrapped around me.

"Hey! Did you see that, guys?!" Mum gasps, staring out at the ocean.

"Huh?" I ask, prying my eyes away from Liam to look out at the sea.

"I swear! I just saw a dolphin tail pop out of the ocean!" Mum says excitedly, pointing out to the open water.

Liam and I both look out at the sea, seeing nothing at all at first, but then, I see a flash.

"Liam, is that-?" I wonder, looking at the sleek blue tail popping out of the water.

"Ainslea? I think so." Liam finishes, and the two of us chuckle as we watch her tail flick back and forth cheekily.

"Wow, this dolphin is amazing!" Mum gasps, and Liam and I have to bite our lips not to laugh.

We watch as Ainslea's tail eventually disappears into the ocean below, where she is probably going home to get some dinner for herself, and when she's gone, the sky is dark.

"Ok, shall we head home for some dessert?" Dad suggests, and we all agree, Mum and Dad walking back home first, leaving Liam and I alone.

"Shall we go hang out with Ainslea later?" I ask, staring up into Liam's eyes.

"Sure, but we'd better wait until your parents are asleep." Liam replies, his eyes shining in the dark.

"Seems like a plan." I grin, and Liam cups him strong hands around my face, pulling me into a deep kiss. I wrap my arms around the back of his neck and kiss him back lovingly, enjoying the moment.

"I love you." I murmur into Liam's ear.

"I love you too." He replies softly and kisses me again, before the two of us begin to walk back to my house, arms wrapped around each other.

I guess thats the end of this tale.

My tail...

A *Tail*, like no other.

Scales.

The End.

By 1dream41d©2013