Chapter 13: Wake Me Up

I was forved to go to the funeral. There, I met many other people and found out that Cheondung was my cousin. We had a small service before the real one. From the distance, we watched a bunch of celebrities and Key's parents cry and mourn. Afterwards, we visited his tombstone. "Jagiya...I miss you already" I started. A tear ran down my cheek. I kneeled down on the grass while Jonghyun, Taemin, Minho, and Onew placed their flowers and candles down. "He talked abot you a lot. He really loved you" Onew said. Patty and Jessie patted my back, comforting me without saying a word.

Mom texted that night saying that we were going home in one day. Patricia packed some of my stuff for me. At night, I took the first photo me and Key took together. It was so different then. I looked up to him, and  loved him as an idol. Now, I just want to be with him. Committing suicide wouldn't get me anywhere near him though. And it really wasn't an option.

Patty~

She's weak. She won't eat, speak, or get out of bed. We're leaving in 12 hours, she can't be like this all day. I've never seen her so depressed before. I was going to talk to her last night but stopped halfway at her door. She muttered "Don't go, please." I couldn't tell if she was talking in her sleep or to me.

Edie~

I got some sleep somewhere in the middle of the night. I remember dreaming that I was standing on a long fluffly cloud. A figure with winds walked in my direction. As it walked towards me, the face looked familiar. "Key-sshi.." He brought me to his arms. "Edie-ya. You need to do me a favor." I nodded. "I want you to live your life to the fullest. You're 17! Don't waste your time on someone like me. I want you to be happy!" A smile dance across his face.  "But I miss you...I need you here with me. Or, I just want to be with you. Forever." He looked like he thought about it for a moment. "I don't want to be selfish and take you away from your parents and friends.

"It's okay, they'll understand. Please Key..Please.." I took a lond breath and turne back. There was nothing I could do to convince him. "Edie!" I looked back. He ran up to me and cuppe my cheeks and kissed my forehead. "I love you, princess" he said. I smiled. "I love you too" I answered back. "Are you sure about this?" Asking and making sure of my decision. "Definiately." He took my hand and walked straight forward. As we walked, the clouds turned into a beautiful paradise you surely wouldn't see on earth.