Part Twenty Two

h.s.

"C'mon Harry step on the gas. You're torturing me." I smile squeezing her hand as I stop teasing her and start going at a normal speed. "We're so close to my hometown." I say. "I know, it's really strange knowing we grew up so close but never met and yet we ended up together." I nod at her words and stop at the red light. "Now you must remember that my family it's weird and out of the ordinary and loud, so it's encourage to be your weird self."

"Weird self?- excuse me, ma'am I'm totally normal." I say with a mockingly taken back tone. "Sure." She says, as the light turns green. I park my car on the entrance of the hotel and hand the keys of the car to the valet man, "We'll be leaving shortly after check in." He nods and I thank him. I go around the car and open the door for Beth and help her out. As the concierge took out our bags. With her by my hand I walk in and make the short line for check in. Once on the counter I greet the lady in her mid thirties with golden brown hair who recognizes me immediately. "Mr. S, a pleasure to see you again." "Lauren!" I say high-five-ing her. "I hope you missed me, after last time with the boys." She smiled and said. "How can I not?" She scoffed. "Lauren meet Beth, Beth meet Lauren, she's the best crowd escapist precessional and this lovely lady by my side is my girlfriend." The both exchanged a smile and shook hands. "Pleasure." Said Beth. "The pleasure is mine." I start to take out my wallet as I say "This time I'm on holidays, with my girlfriends family and mine. So hopefully no more weird things will happen during my stay." "We all hope so Mr. S! So the two bedroom suite like you requested it's not available due to the fact that all the east side of the hotel pluming it's frozen, and we're trying our best to have it fixed immediately. We however have a connected two bedrooms options or a single suite." I feel a little uncomfortable but I immediately say a single suit. I feel Beth fence up against me and I caress her arm. "As you wish Mr. S." Lauren says typing away and then handling us our room keys. I hand her the card and she swipes it and gives it back. "Room N415." I nod and walk to the elevators. "Don't worry about the room, you'll have the bed and I'll pull out the couch, you don't have to sleep with me." She kept silent as we rode to the fourth floor and headed to the North wing of the hotel and she followed the corridor stoping at the room door, she pushed in and out the card and the door unlocked letting us in. She smiled at a Christmas three that was lighted up by the TV. "Look, why didn't you put a tree up?" I look at her and move my shoulders up and down. "Never had a real reason to actually put it on." "Fair enough, also you don't have to sleep on the couch, unless my mum disapproves of you... then it's the couch." She smiled. I opened the door for the concierge who's bringing the bags and tip him. "Beth, c'mon. We're going to your mum's house." I hear her voice coming from the bathroom saying okay and I smile. I wait forget at the door and once she gets out I lock the room. I take her hand walking down the corridor towards the elevator. "You know I'm quite excited to meet your mum." I say looking at the small screen that says the floor we're going through. "Why?" She asks as the doors open and we walk out. "Because it's the woman who gave birth to you, and adopted kids to help them become stable adults. That's big." She smiles and says "You're big too." "She doesn't know that and in all honestly I'm a pop star not a parent, not that I seek to be one at the moment." "That's true, and thank God you are focused and determined. You see, when my mum got pregnant she didn't had a choice, but the was ready and I guess one wasn't enough, so she went above the expected and helped others, so should you." I see her eyes as she speaks of her mum, once the car is in front of us I open her door and close it after her; I go around and hop behind the wheel. "No pressure. Huh?" I say as I close my door and drive off. "But you ha e good in you. You go to hospitals, make a left here, and visit all this kids. You went to Africa and I saw those heartbreaking tears of yours." She says as she points out to the right for me to drive that way. "You can't fake the good in you Harry, not even if you wanted to, and as bad at it sounds to be sensible it's a gift. Now, you showed you cared when you let me sleep on your bed, or when you took me to see my family on the holidays, and when you took a selfie with he fan at the gas station," I looked at her "Yes, I saw that. And it was sweet and nice from you to do that. You didn't had to, but you did and you went above the expected." I looked at her and continue driving. "Now left and the 3rd house to the left." As I parked the car she took her coat off the back seat and started to get out. I could feel her excitement in the air. I took my own coat and stepped outside walking to the sidewalk. I took in the cream paint of the walls and the white of the gates, the colorful Christmas lights and the snow covering the now frozen grass. As we open the gates to get to the wooden door with a big ornament on the door I hear a lot of people in the inside of the house as well the sound of barking dogs.

Once we reached the door Beth rings the bell and an instant later the door gets opened up by a woman in her late forties with her brown hair pulled back on a tale, green eyes and green turtleneck sweater and a white apron. "May the Lord pinch me if this is a dream!" "Hi mum." Beth says smiling and opening her arms embracing her. The two of them embrace each other for a moment long enough for me to wish I could hug my mum. I smile at the thought that I'll be seeing her soon. The hug is broken and the sniff cling from the two ladies in front of me let me know how needed that hug was. "I'm glad you could make it, you know it hasn't been the same with out you." "I know mum, but you know, it's complicated dealing with school and work. But I'm here and I'm excited to be part of the celebrations. So mum, this is Harry, he's my boyfriend and the main reason I'm here; Harry this is my mum." Beth smiles as she presents us and her mum says "A boyfriend, so proud of you already. And he's a looker. I have a feeling I know you from somewhere, but I can't put my finger on. Nice to meet you, you can call me Miss C or Cecilia, if I feel I can trust you, you could call me mum." She says and I extend my hand and she slaps it away and hugs me. "No need to shake hands I'm a hug person." Once she says that I hug her back. I smile from the warmth our hug makes and I feel like I'm back home with my mum.

Once be break the hug I smile at her and walking after her. Putting my coat at a hanger beside the door. And as I look at Beth hanging her own besides mine I see her with a genuine smile on her face and that's when I know that for once I'm doing the right thing.