Part Twenty.

h.s.

I wake up with the sound of my own breathing. I slowly open my eyes and noticed that it's already day, I get up and walk to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, the cold water feels good against my skin. I think I woke Beth up because she just yawned and waked out of the room. I dry my face and walk out as well, headings towards the kitchen. I start to put the kettle and the coffee maker and head to Beth's bathroom and knock, "What do you want to have for breakfast?" I ask, getting the door opened with a teeth-brushing, filled with paste Beth. "Food." She says with what I believe is a smile through all the paste. "You're so smart," I say with a obvious tone. "Do you want pancakes?" "Sure." She says spitting the paste in the sink. "No syrup though." She shouts as I walk away. "Okay!" I say letting her know I heard her. I get all the ingredients out and start to make the batter. Once I start making the pancakes the kettle starts to sound and I take it off the stove. Beth walks to the kitchen, and says "Let me help you, I'll take over here." Taking the kettle off my hands. "Thanks." I say. "How's your room? does it have any fumes still?" "No, its completely dry. All I need is to put everything back to their place and I'll need your help with the mattress." She places both cups on the table and takes out two plates. "Will you be wanting syrup?" She asks me. "Yes, please." I say placing the pancakes on the plates, turning off the stove and placing the pan on the sink. I take the plates and put them on the table and I see Beth came with the forks and the syrup. I sit down and start eating blissfully. "So today you're meeting my mum." Beth says making me smile. "Yes, I hope she likes me." I say taking a bite as Beth breaks laughing. "Why do you laugh?" I ask with a mouthful. "You'll probably be her new best friend or shiny new toy, she must have assumed that I was lesbian since I never brought a boyfriend since middle school." She says rolling her eyes. "Are you?" I ask out of curiosity. "I wish, at least someone would hit on me. I'm straight, and I've been single for over 8 years." She says taking a zip. "You?" she asks.

"Yes, I've always been lesbian." I say in a jokingly tone. Making the two of us laugh. "But no, I would say I'm gay, but I'm not, but then again I've loved a boy for about 5 and half years."

"Even with all the girls you've been with?" I look at her questionably. "Hey, I needed to know how your girlfriends where treated, and how media will expose me, I did my background check on your love live." She says explaining herself. "Fair enough, and yes. I liked some of them and to be honest only two got into more than business, sex was good but they where awful at everything else. But this year is different, it feel different already." I say between bites. "Different?" "Mhm." I nod. "How different?" Beth asks. "Even though I'm restless and all that sleeping disorders, when I was going through all the paperwork and profiles of girls I wanted to delete all the other ones and find someone trustworthy and real. I found you and here we are and surprisingly I feel more myself." I say finishing up, as Beth who already finished picked up the plate and walks to the kitchen. "I still don't get it. But it's okay, cause we need to pack for both family adventures." She says finish washing the dishes and drying her hands. "Do I have to know something specifically about your family and their traditions? I don't want to miss an ugly sweater party or wear something they won't like." I start to ramble about all the things that could go wrong. "Harry, stop!" Beth says placing both hands over my mouth. "Don't wear yellow on a Wednesday, and other than that, don't get naked and be yourself. Also, don't call my mum Ma'am, she hates it, and there's a high chance that my cousins get a little surprise visit from non other than Harry Styles from their favorite boyband." "Please tell me they won't scream." I say with a begging tone. "I can't make promises at the beginning but they'll get a million selfies and then they'll brag about it." I sigh in response but it's the small price to pay. "Okay, pack you must need for the next week or so and my mum always ask us to go all fancy to the New Year's bash." I say walking to my room to start packs my own stuff.

After what felt like forever I take out my suit for New Years and place it on the hanger case, and walk to Beth's door and asked her if she wanted to put her dress with my suit for them not to wrinkle. She nodded and handed me her green dress and I place it inside the case, with my own suit. Once I finish I take my bags and put them next to the sofa. "Are you ready?" I ask Beth. "Almost!" She shouts from her bedroom. I nod, and walk to my desk opening one of the drawers and taking out my notebook and feeling the cover of it I put it next to my keys. "I'm ready." Beth says walking with a suitcase on her right hand and her purse hanging from her left side. "I'll grab our coats." Beth says as I take the suitcases, the notebook and the keys. I walk ahead and press the elevator button as I listen the door been locked. Once Beth gets to me the elevator doors open and she enters holding her the doors open for me to get inside. "Thank you."
"Don't even mention it" Beth says. Pressing the button. "Here." She says handing me my coat for me to put it on.
The elevator doors open again and we walk out towards the entrance. "Stay here, I'll go get the car." I tell her leaving my bags by her side. I walk to my car and as I start the engine my phone rings, I check the screen and it says Lucas Hemmingways, I sigh loudly and answer him.
"Styles." "Hello Harry, I just called to check up on your contract and to know what are your plans for this season. For us to work around you to have the publicity needed."
"She's great!"
I say calmly. "I think it's one of the best choices I've honestly ever made. We're just heading out to her mums place for a couple of days then we're off to mum's." "Your mum's? You fixed things with her?" Lucas asks in doubt. "Yes, couple of days ago. Also, I don't want media just yet. We'll be posting on different social medias and from then on we all know it's going to blow. Also- I need a date for public stun, but I also want it to make it as real as possible. No bars, no after parties and definitely, no discos, got it?" "Loud and clear, I'm taking the usual days off, so have fun Harry, and happy Christmas."

"Thank you, you too. Bye." I say finishing up the call as I get to the entrance and step out and place the bags on the car. As Beth gets inside. I get in myself and started to drive to Elizabeth's home.