Moments of impact.

Reality is made up on little things, little moments of impact; it’s all about cause and effect. Since meeting Ivy, Adam’s life has been full of so many causes, and only two effects. One less major than the other, the other was going to change his life forever; it was going to tip his world around. And then it would be his turn to make the effect do the causing.

After the police incident, he hadn’t spoken to Breanne; the misty-eyed girl had distanced herself from everyone, except Casey. Casey seemed to be the only one even trying to communicate with the other girl, everyone else willing to stay out of the arguments the girl seemed to have with the singer of the band and Ivy.

Breanne had ran into Casey’s room at four in the morning, her misty blue eyes leaking heartbroken tears, flowing in constellations down her face. He hadn’t complained about being woken up so early, upon seeing the girl, had wrapped his arms around her and muttered comforting words in her ear-exactly what Adam used to do.

The two had formed some sort of bond, since her best friend had been so cruelly stolen from her by the love of his life.  She had huddled under the blue-eyed boys sheets until they had stirred the next morning; locked in his sweet-smelling embrace, feeling safe again. Casey didn’t yell at her, didn’t demand for her to listen, he just listened to her thoughts, her fears and worries. It was here it dawned on her that Adam didn’t want her anymore. He didn’t even want her as a friend, did he ever really?

Casey had held on to her hand in fear and worry, his sandy brown hair off in a wild mess, his deep blue eyes scanning her unique misty blue-grey ones. “Breanne, everyone here has their own ways, their own thoughts and feelings, Adam is just so stupid sometimes, he’s so easily led astray that he doesn’t even know what his own thoughts and feelings are,” She shook her head.

“It wasn’t Ivy talking when he opened his mouth, it was as if there was years of pent up anger in there, it was as though he’d spent months on months trying to tell me, and the way he said it, it was like poison in his mouth, even Ivy looked scared!” She hiccupped. “I’d never seen so much sadness and anger in someone’s eyes, let alone his,”

Her eyes shone with dejected hurt, her heart shattered in her eyes, and the tanned boy could see that, he didn’t know what to do, her best friend had broken her soul, the one person she thought she could properly trust broke all her trust. Casey had never felt so disgusted with Adam at that point in his life, he didn’t have to snap at her like that, not knowing she was so sensitive; it was hard to hate one person so much, but in that moment, he didn’t even want to know his best friend. And why? Why was he taking this all to heart?

The same reason he was happy to wake up at 5AM because she woke him.

The same reason he was happy to comfort her at such an hour.

The same reason he was spying on Ivy and Adam with her.

Because Casey Brown was irreparably and irrevocably in love with her. And that wasn’t even his fault, but he didn’t intend to tell her, it didn’t come as easy as it did with Adam and Ivy; this was a whole friendship in danger of crumbling.

Breanne fell asleep in Casey’s arms, she fell asleep with tears frozen on her face, but a small smile on her pastel pale pink lips. She was so beautiful, perfect some might say. He had thought it would always be Breanne and Adam, she thought they would start dating, well clearly not, but he didn’t want to do that too her, because honestly? He thought she was in love with her ex-best friend who happened to be dating her cousin.

That’s almost like incest.

Except Adam and Ivy aren’t married.

Poison Ivy.

--

Adam had one other moment of impact, apart from that wake-up with the police, there was another one.

Ivy was feeling sick, nothing different or unusual, people feel ill all the time, it was a part of humanity. Yet there was still something in it that worried Adam, the timings, the days, what happened before it all started happening. When she crawled into his room with the most worried look ever invented, he knew that this was going to be a big moment.

“Adam,” She whispered, her eyes dancing with tears, in a way that scared him; his strong, confident, law-killing girl had been reduced to such a vulnerable state. “I think I’m pregnant,” The cause had been a week before, the effect was happening now, it was all his fault.

((A/N: I know it's not much, but I swear I will start updating more on this account, Brandon (Or Livs whatever yu wanna call her) And I have been SOSOSO busy lately, and I promise I will update again this or next week whilst I'm still on holidays. I promise. Again I'm so sorry))