Poison Ivy

Ivy’s POV

I lay sprawled on top of the dusty grey single bed they had spared for me, they greyness of the cell taking effect on it’s occupant, meaning me. I stared up at the blank ceiling with a tired frown, I’d been here a while now and I wanted to get to Breanne before she went off on tour with her boyfriend, on that note I hope she’ll hurry up.

The sound of heavy locks clanking open, tearing me from my thoughts. I glanced up, unmoving from the spot I was lying and silently praying it was someone other than the greying and depressed policeman. I sat bolt upright when I met the misty blue/grey eyes of my cousin. “Bre!” I yelled, leaping up and scrambling over to her side. Enveloping her in a hug, she patted me on the back with a sigh, it was then I noticed the boy standing awkwardly behind her.

“Morning,” He muttered giving a shy wave.

“You’re her boyfriend right? Adam something or other?”

“I-I’m not-“

“Stop harassing Adam Ivy, he’s not my boyfriend, and WE are going to be having a VERY long talk,” I groaned, I realised Breanne was going to lecture me, but somehow I feel as if this is going to be a lot worse than the last time. In all fairness she had a lot of reason to be annoyed, it is half four in the morning, I’d be a bit grumpy as well, but I am her cousin, shouldn’t she be happy she could help, or not, Breanne a general kind-hearted girl, but even she has her limits, I reckon I’ve gone over them.

She signed a few papers to bail me out, handing over any cash she had brought with her and at five o’clock all three of us made our way out. The sun was just peering over the horizon, the sky burning red, a strong reminder that a new day was dawning. My cousin and the brown-eyed boy had kept silent, Adam looking extremely awkward. Deciding I couldn’t take the silence anymore I stopped and watched the two, Adam glancing around, noticing before Breanne I had stopped. Her turned, flicking his fringe out of his chocolate brown eyes. “Ok, Breanne you know I’m thankful right? I thought you knew that?” She let out a short sigh, looking tormented.

“Ivy, I can’t trust you on your own, not now, not ever, not until you straighten up your act, no wonder your parents kicked you out, I can’t keep bailing you out of prison, because sooner or later I won’t have the money,”

“You havn’t seen me in at least a year,”

“I last bailed you out TWO MONTHS ago,” The brown haired girl threw her hands in the air in exasperation. Adam decided now would be good time to make himself scarce and used his powers of moulding into the shadows at this moment.

“FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE BREANNE I NEEDED A LIFT OK? THE FUCKING DRIVER WAS BEING A BASTARD SO I STOLE THE CAR! I WAS TRYING TO GET TO YOU AND YOUR PONCED UP BOYFRIEND! BUT NOOO, IT JUST DOESN’T WORK FOR YOU DOES IT?!” Adam inhaled sharply, as he watched the scene fold out in front of him.

“HE’S NOT MY BLOODY BOYFRIEND, FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE, HE’S JUST ADAM, OK?! WHY DID YOU EVEN NEED ME?”

“IT DOESN’T MATTER NOW, I’LL JUST LEAVE WHILST YOU GO OFF INTO YOUR SUPERSTAR LIFE!” for the first time Adam spoke, so quiet and shy I barely noticed, his eyes lifted from the ground, his lip was bleeding slightly, he had been biting it so hard, I almost felt bad.

“Please both of you stop,” just those five words, spoken with such carefulness and fear it was amazing. I looked at Breanne our identical eyes boring into one another, I nodded, and gave a small sad smile, she returned it.

“Ok so why did you need me?” She asked, quieter.

“I’ve been officially classed homeless and I have nowhere to go, so yes…”

“Oh God, you are not staying at my house, it will be a wreck when I come back,” I smiled slightly.

“She could…ah…nevermind,”

“No go on,” I said, nodding toward the ebony haired boy.

“I was going to say, you could come on tour with us, but the only extra bed is the bunkbed in my room, so…”

“It’ll do,” Adam nodded, looking at the ground and then it clicked, he didn’t WANT me in his room, ouch, I breathed out, he didn’t protest so I just smiled reassuringly.

--

I glanced around Adam’s room, admittedly, you couldn’t see the floor, there was so much everywhere, it’s like he didn’t realise he has a wardrobe. I don’t particularly mind, but that’s ok. Realising I don’t have any pyjamas, I pick up one of the largest shirts on the floor and pull off my tight skinnies and my top, forgetting that Adam was still in the room.

So of course when I turn around to meet a boy with his eyes screwed shut my intial reacition is to poke him in the eye…I have no feelings.

Adam jumped back, startled, the shirt I was sporting didn’t quite go as far down as he would’ve like by the looks of it, but I simply smiled. The poor boy was going to have to put up with my ways for a while.

I looked up, realising just how tall he was, his eyes were the darkest brown ever, his hair the darkest brown you could get until it reached black. “Blimey,” I muttered. “I’m surprised Bre hasn’t like asked you out yet, I mean, I could cut myself slapping those cheeks,” I grinned, he instinctively looked down at the floor with a blush. Leaning up I planted a small kiss-more like a brush of my lips-on his cheek. “Good morning Adam,”

“Good Night Ivy,”