Bombshell Blonde-Owl City Fanfiction

The distant noise filled my ears as I woke, the musical tune of Happily Ever After by He Is We blared through my consciousness, the usually quiet tone much louder in the silence. My brain clouded with sleep I reached over to pick up the offending item. I didn’t recognise the caller ID, leaving just a number in its place. Cautiously, I answered.

“Hello?” My voice came out slightly scratchy and groggy, but the person on the other end didn’t seem to notice or care.

“Is this Miss Breanne Duren?” The voice evidently was the voice of an serious and depressed man, probably tired. I cleared my throat and answered, thankful for my voice actually coming back.

“Yes, yes it is, may I ask who this is?” A beat.

“This is Officer Kendall from the police station, apparently you are currently in Owatonna, Minnesota?”

“Yup, that’s true, what’s the matter?”

“We have a girl here asking for you, are you familiar with an Ivy Duren? Your cousin I believe?” I sighed, of course, Ivy.

“Yes, that’s correct, what has she done this time?” He began to spill out her offence, stealing a car, she is so dead when I get my hands on her. Apparently she was trying to get to me before tour starts. We generally spend a night or two just to get used to the bus before we set off, lucky her.

“We need you to come down and pay her bail, or decline paying her bail, one or the other, and then you need to sign a few papers, is that all right Miss Duren?”

“That’s fine, I’m on my way down,” Letting out a sigh as I placed the phone down with a groan, Wondering if I sound as shattered as I was. Standing with a yawn, I stood up; she’s at the local police station, in Owatonna, not that long of a walk. Pulling on some blue skinny jeans and a random top  that I’m not sure is mine, but seeing as Casey had done all the cleaning today it was probably belong to one of the others. Brushing out my hair quickly I make my way out of the door, running half blind to the bus door. Of course luck is never on my side, so in the pitch blackness I ran into a familiar warm chest.

“Oh hey Bre, where you off to at…four in the morning,”

“Long Story, very long story,”

“Mind if I come along? I’m not sleeping any time soon,” I let out a low chuckle, poking his bare chest.

“You should get a shirt on first,” I could almost feel his blush as he made his way around me, letting out a small chuckle as he scrambled for a shirt. Waiting for his return, I glanced through darkness to see his laptop sitting around randomly on the couch, I rolled my eyes, that laptop is going to get broke one day the way he leaves it lying around. Picking it up and placing it on top I grinned as Adam ran randomly towards me and fell promptly.

“Mind helping me up?” He asked giving me his irresistible puppy dog eyes.

“Yeah, now hurry up, the police don’t wait forever,”

“We’re going to the police station? Why? What did you do?” I gave him a ‘seriously’ look.

“We’re going to bail my cousin out of jail, and I’m ready to give her a mouthful of hell because all of my money goes to bailing her out of bloody jail!”

“Ah well, on the plus side you’ll get to introduce her to your wonderful and hot best friend who has already nearly blown up the tour bus trying to cook,” I burst out laughing, that’s the thing about Adam, he’s never serious, we could be caught up in a tsunami and he’ll still try and cheer us up.

“Yeah, I suppose, though the wonderful part we’ll have to leave out,”

“So you agree I am hot?” He asked with a grin, I pretended to give him the once over.

“Oh yeah!” We both nearly collapsed with laughter.

So then…the police?