Chapter 4

-Adam-

I wake up out of breath and see Cello sitting on the edge of the window her legs curled up against her body, sketching me. She glanced up from where she was working. "O-sorry," she stops flipping it closed and looks out the window. Her face turning pink.

"You didn't sleep well did you?" I sit up in bed leaning against the headboard the covers move exposing my chest.

"I'm a vampire I can hardly ever sleep." She glances over quickly turning away when she realised I was shirtless.

"Ok, just making sure it wasn't the guest room that's causing problems." I smile slightly as her blush deepens.

"Oh yeah sorry for invading like this, I didn't mean to I just kinda did it." She looks down at the ground fidgeting with her note sketch book " Do you jog?"

"Um yeah, do you?" I look her up and down, she doesn't exactly look the physical type.

"Sure." She looks at me and shrugs.

"Ok um get dressed you should put on shorts, if you need to borrow a pair of mine that's fine." I swing my legs over the bed and stand the covers fall off of me hitting the floor, I walk over to the dresser and grab some stuff out of a drawer, I glance over at her before stepping in to the bathroom. I walk out of my bathroom and shes standing there in a pair of my shorts and one of my old shirt which are very baggy on her tinny frame. I look down at her and laugh a little.

"Whats so funny?" She pouts at me.

"Nothing your just so small," I take her hand and I lead her down stairs.

She frowns "maybe your just too big." I start snickering at her comment and she looks at me confused.

"Never mind," I hold out my hand and she takes it. I gently rap my hand around hers covering hers.

-----

I go slower than normal and she keeps pace with me well, I take her to my spot at the lake; she stops suddenly and plops herself down on the ground and pulls out her sketch pad. I didn't even realise she brought it.

I sit down next to her and she turns away as if to hid her sketching. The animals slowly start coming out. First the bunnies and next the deer. I lay down in the grass and tuck one of my arms under my head. I glance over at her and then realise that she's sketching me again. I smile and glance up at her.

"You having fun?" I smirk.

She blushes looking back down at the paper, her eyebrows furrow. "What's wrong?" I sit up slightly leaning on my elbows.

"I can't get your eyes right, they just aren't coming out correctly," she moves closer to the paper and bites her lip.

"Maybe you just need to get closer," I push up and move my face closer to hers.

She looks up at me and stairs into my eyes. She studies them for a minute before going back to the paper, "I don't think proximity helped." Her eyebrows furrowed again and she wiggled her nose.

The sun starts coming up from behind the trees, "we should probably go."

She looks up at me confused and then at the sun rising above the trees. Her eyes change slightly "I guess so." I stand up and offer her a hand up, she folds up her sketch book and takes my hand.

-----

I take her back to the house letting her have the first shower, before I jumped in when I come out she's already dressed in black jeans and a long sleeved red shirt. She quickly blushes at the fact I'm wearing nothing but a towel. I quickly move to the dresser and pull out random things before ducking back into the shower. I quickly pull on boxers and a pair of ripped up jeans, I then pull over my head a black v-neck.

"Alright, you ready?" I lean in the doorway and she smiles slightly.

"Sure," she pulls the sleeves down over her wrists looking away from me.

------

"Hey," I pull her by the waist closer to me," Caleb is joining us don't worry he's human."

Just as I say that Caleb cones running out side throwing himself in my truck screaming "DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!" I stomp on the pedal as his sister comes out roaring mad.

"Shit what happened?" my middle buckle doesn't work so I unbuckled mine and stretched it over to cover her.

"She got dumped, and I called they guy good for nothing scum, who's this?"

"Caleb meet Cello, she's off limits and sorta lived under a rock so no questions." I trail off and focus on driving.

"Ugh fine jerk." Caleb pouts, I flip him off and Cello looks at us confused.

At school Cello looked overwhelmed, "here this will keep guys off you," I say handing her my jacket from the back of my truck. She slips in on and reaches for my hand, I take hers and squeeze it. No one asked me anything they just stared in shock, even inside no one said anything to me. I pulled Cello in to the office, "hello this is Cello she'll be staying with my family for a wile." After filling an hours worth of paperwork she got her classes, and being that most of the staff is part of the pack she got identical classes to mine. We walk to 2nd period and the teacher waves off the tardy and sends us to desks.

-Cello-

I clung to him like a puppy, being as close to him as possible. The large number of people scaring me I've never been to a place with such cruel looks tossed at me like that in such large numbers. A boy a little shorter than Adam with black hair, pants and shirt he walked up to us. Adam froze tightening the grip on my hand pulling me behind him. "She's cute Adam, is she my birthday present?"

"Go screw yourself," he growled I felt him tension pumping through his blood.

"Na I'd rather her," I held back his hand and moved in front of him.

"Hello baby-", I slapped him hard across the face it turned a deep blood red.

"Don't ever speak like that about me again," I say grabbing Adam and pulled him away.

"Damn Cello you've got balls," Adam said as I deflated in to his chest snuggling closer to him. He cups my face in his hand bringing my eyes to look at his, pulling his other arm around my waist closing the gap between our heights. Gently he pressed his lips against mine, sparks ignited jolting my whole body. I laced my arms around his neck and pulled my self closer to him as he clutched me gently kissing me.