the beach -chapter 2

I walked out of my room in a [air of denim shorts and a red tankini top. I had put my hair into a simple side braid. A few minutes or so later Nicole walked out of her room also in shorts but with a yellow tankini top. Her mousy brown hair was left down naturally.

We walked downstairs and told Shimone that we were going to the beach.

"Okay girls, its just straight a head for about 2 minutes. Text me if you get any problems and be back by 5, I'm doing burgers for dinner" She told us. Yes! Burgers!

"Okay see you later I said as we walked through the door

"Byeee" Nicole called out just before she closed the door.

We walked down the road to the beach which was pretty easy to find. Once we got to the beach we saw that it was quite busy at the nearest end but not many people at the other end. Lazy, As we got nearer to the other end of the beach we saw that the people was 5 boys who looked around mine and Nicole's age filming something.

When we were almost at where we wanted to sit you could see what the boys were filming, They were filming themselves just being silly but funny. We walked past the boys whilst Nicole was talking about how much she loved Dan from District 3. We sat down on the sand near enough to the boys to hear and see them but without looking weird,

"I call dibs on the boy with the lip ring." Nicole told me. I just looked at her and laughed. That didn't surprise me. She had a thing for lip rings.

One of them walked over to us and said

"Hey I'm Luke my friends and I are gonna be filming some stuff do you mind? cos we can move further up the beach or something if you like?"

"No we don't mind" Nicole said whilst smiling sweetly

"Okay thanks whats your names?" He asked

"I'm Nicole and this is my twin Danielle" She told him

"Twins?! Same!!! That's my twin Jai over there" He said as pointing at one of they guys he was with. Wow they were identical!

" That's cool we already have something in common!"

Nicole and Luke kept talking for a bit but I just zoned out of their conversation after that. Oh god. She really likes this guy she's already talking to him like she already knows him!

"I'm going to get ice-cream" I told them getting up. There was a little ice cream stall half way down the beach and I wanted to get away from this conversation. As I got up I saw one of Luke's friends get up as well. I started walking down the beach and heard someone walking behind me. I turned round and looked to see who it was. It was one of the boys Luke had been with.

"Hey I'm James" He said with a cute smile on his face

"Hi I'm Danielle. Are you one of Luke's friends?" I asked him

"Yeah we're all really close" He told me

"Yeah it looked like it. So where you going?"

"I'm gonna go get ice cream you?" He replied

"Same. I love ice cream" I told him.

"Do you mind if I walk with you?" He asked

"That'd be great! You would be doing me a favour its my first day here"

" Yeah I didn't think I'd seen you around before."

We walked down the beach to the ice cream stand talking and laughing. It felt like I'd known James forever!

We ordered out ice cream and walked back to where we were sat. We carried on talking as we walked and eating our ice creams.

"So what school are you going to?" James asked me

"Balwyn High school" I told him.

"Aw that's awesome that's where me and the guys go!" He said with another cute smile.

"I'll be seeing a lot more of you then!" I said happily. When I said that he seemed to get a bigger smile on his face. As we got to where we were sat James asked me if I wanted him to introduce me to the guys so I know more people when I start school

"Yeah sure" I replied cheerfully.

He walked up to the guys and I followed him

"Hey everyone this is Danielle." He told them.

"Hi!" They all said.

"Danielle, that's Beau, Jai, Luke, and Daniel but we all call him Skip" He told me pointing at each individual one as he said their names and they waved at me.

James checked his watch and said

"Guys its 4:00 we better get going or where gonna be late for the BBQ" "You coming Danielle?" He asked sounding hope full

"Well I better get my sister." I said and started walking over to Nicole.

"Okay then well do you wanna walk with us?" He shouted over to me.

"Um Yeah sure One minute" I said with a big smile on my face. I grabbed Nicoles arm and told her we were walking home with the boys.

"Okay!" She said cheerfully.

We walked over to the boys and we walked down the beach laughing at them. They were so funny!

We got to the end of the beach but sadly they had to go the other way.

We walked down the road back to Shimones house after all saying goodbye.

"You like him!!" I exclaimed looking at Nicole.

"Who?" She said trying to act innocent.

"Luke!!!!" I said slightly shouting.

"Maybe" She said with a smug smile on her face.

We talked about our plans for Melbourne. When we arrived at Shimone's house we opened the door and said hello to Shimeone.

"Hey Shimone. We're going to go start unpack" We said.

"Okay girls, I'll call you down when dinners done" She told us with a smile.

We walked upstairs and walked into our own rooms. I knew what Nicole would unpack first. Her photography equipment, I would obliviously unpack my clothes.

i pulled my suitcase onto my bed and unzipped it, Inside lay all my clothes, hair stuff, staitonery and music. I pulled out my clothes and went through them. Sorting them into individual piles. Jumpers. Beach. Jeans, Casual and Party clothes. I took my jumpers to the wadrobe and started to put them on the coat hangers. I carried on with the rest of the clothes. Then I walked back over to the suitcase and took my staitonery out. I looked around the room. There wasn't much here yet. I took all of it and put it onto the shelf going round the walk in wadrobe. I would buy myself a dressing table when I get a chance and put my makeup and hair stuff there. I put my shoes on the floor of the wadrobe and walked back to my suitcase. I left the music stuff in the suitcase and decided I would put them on a shelf. I opened the front pocket of my suitcase and pulled out my secret stash of money. It was for emergencies only. I put them in my All Star shoe box and put that at the back of the closet. I took aa step back in my closet and looked around it.

I was going to like it in Melbourne.