•A Scandal In Belgravia: Part Eleven•

Chapter Eleven: Doubts

The heavy rain pounded that on the windows woke my from my sleep. Sherlocks violin echoed in my memory, the thought accompanying the sound of drums outside. I rose from my bed and sat on the edge, palming my face and running my fingers through my hair. My breaths were ragged as I realised what had happened last night. I definitely wasn't myself. How could I have poured my feelings out to a woman I hardly knew? The Woman, Sherlock had referred to now and then.

I pushed that event aside as I focused on my sole objective: ending this mess while I still can. Between the bed and wall was my phone, still and silent. I reached to it, but stopped before my fingers grazed it.
'You could just forget about it' a voice in my head chimed. I couldn't. I didn't want to be lied to any longer. Before anything else happened, I snatched the device and typed a message to him, asking to meet me at the cafe next to our flat. My thumb hovered over the send button, but I closed my eyes and tapped.

I put my nose between my thumb and forefinger, then traced it down to the top of my neck. My heart was now racing with anxiety, and I felt something that hasn't come for me in months: genuine, true fear of what will happen next. My hands trembled along with my legs as I stood and went into the kitchen.

My uncle wasn't there, but Sherlock. He stood gazing out the window at the rain, his violin on the table. I crossed my arms and headed into the room.
"John went downstairs." He said, not moving a hair on his head.
"I didn't ask."
"You didn't need to."

I walked over to the table and plucked one of the strings of his violin. It bounced back, making a tone resonate through the flat. I looked up to see Sherlocks head turned to the side. Even though I didn't see his whole face, I could tell he was glaring at me.
"S-sorry." I stuttered, and before I knew it he took the violin from under me and placed it in its case.
"I'm just gonna- yeah." I said, my voice shaky. It was barely between a whisper and normal volume.

I stopped at the door, and wondered if this was the right thing to do. I could always brush it off, and pretend I didn't know anything, but that would give Jim an advantage that I didn't want him to have.
"Go." I said out loud, then shut my eyes, trying to dull the sharp pain in my core. I went down one step... then another... and again until I reached the bottom. A door was all that was in my way. I just had to open it. My chilly hand wrapped around the toasty handle. I could feel my muscles trembling. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and stepped out into the rain.

I was not drenched immediately, but I still took my time to walk the few steps to the covering of the cafe. I took a seat at a table, and put my chin in my hand.
"Hey." I heard that comforting voice greet. I resisted to look up. This was already hard enough.
"Hello." I said, my voice cracking at the end. I was choked up.
"What's wrong?" Wyatt asked me, and did something that shook me- he took my available hand. A tremor went through me before I pulled it back. I still felt his soft fingers crossed with mine though.

"Stop." I uttered, and could feel every fibre work together to stop me from crying.
"What?" He asked me, and tried to make eye contact with me. I lowered my head even more.
"I can't do this. I don't want to-" I began, but couldn't find any finishing words.
"What are you talking about?" He continued, but I said nothing. "Look at me."
I whimpered, and felt my heart give in. Raising my head, I could see traces of tears in his eyes. Both of my palms covered my face as a deep breath was released. A sob soon followed.

"Aspen." He said, and was by my side immediately. His hand was on my shoulder, and another tremor shook through me. I never liked people touching me. It was one of my fears. I shot up and backed away.
"Please leave me alone. I don't know what he was paying you, or what you got out of it, but just-" I couldn't stop any tears now, "I need you to stay out of my life.

"Again, what are you talking about?" He asked me, and then took both my hands. "Who's 'he?'"
I tried to release my hands, but his grip was a tight, yet caring one.
"James Moriarty." I said, my voice almost compleat my hoarse.
"Who?" He wondered, but I was only more heartbroken.
"Don't lie. I hate liars. Especially when they come from people like you." I spat, trying to get my words out quick.
What happened next was just unthinkable.

He moved in closer, and  touched my lips with his, but only slightly, for I pulled back, and fell to the ground.
"What-" I started, and backed up. "You-
"Sorry I just-" he began, then offered a hand up.
"No. Don't touch me." I begged, and stood. "Leave me alone please. This isn't real." I stated, and left him in a state of shock after my last three words. The tears had returned. "You- you're name isn't even Wyatt is it?" I questioned, still feeling a tattoo of that kiss on my lips.

"Look," he said.
"Go away." I told him, my voice still.

"Aspen?" I heard a familiar voice call. I looked to the entrance and saw John and Mycroft.
"What's wrong?" John asked, and I looked to see Wyatt gone. He had run off. I collapsed into the seat and began to cry once again.
"What happened?" Mycroft asked John.

How have I made it this far? I thought.

-
Daw::( anyway, please tell me if there are any typos so I can fix. It's three in the morning where I'm from and I'm on a bus cause someone thought it was a good idea to travel five hours to a football game and back -.- so yeah. Just wanted to put that out there. Byee and good night/day/evening, morning!
~jedihobbitwizard