Chapter 37

"How is she doing?" 

"The stress that has accumulated over the years is worrisome. Her physical health worries me a bit.  She seems to have high blood pressure, which may just be due to her stress. Her mental stress? Well, I cannot diagnose that fully as I'm not a psychologist. Judging from what happened, she needs one. I've already looked at some psychologists...I do think that the things she's been through, what all of you boys have been through, is enough to cripple anyone's mind."

There's silence before a question is asked hesitantly, "Do you know any psychologists?"

"I've asked some to come already. There's a lot of psychologists though. She's resting, but when she wakes up we can bring someone to take a look at her, or take a look at all of you children."

"We aren't children anymore, Andrea. The three of us are fine. Father has trained us since we were little."

"I know, Leo. Yet, that's exactly why I am worried. You boys should not have been raised in such a way. Thank God you three turned out alright enough. Still, I worry for all of you Ricca children as unfortunate events continue to slam into you all. Plus, nothing will ever stop me from babying you. Speaking of which, go take a shower and clean up. Tell your brothers to do so too. I need to check Jacob's condition once again."

"How's he doing?" 

"Stabilized. Now, shoo!" 

I hear a footsteps, one pair leaving and the other pair approaching. I close my eyes and pretend to continue sleeping as I think about the conversation I just heard. I certainly feel fine, a little sore, but fine nevertheless. I don't think there is anything wrong with me mentally.

Well, that isn't the full truth. I still have difficulty sleeping as I wake up randomly in cold sweat. It started a couple months ago. I think my latest record is probably three hours. 

It's great. Sarcasm noted. 

I've been hiding the dark circles with makeup quite nicely. Then, I've been drinking a lot of coffee, which is not as odd as I usually drink coffee 24/7. There's no use worrying anybody by saying what's happening. I'm sure it's a little case of insomnia. 

Let's not forget the fact that Dr. Andrea went out of the way to get me psychologists. I don't need one. I'm fine as it is. In fact, her cat of betrayal hurts me. 

"You're not faking anybody, missy." Dr. Andrea says as she stops at my bed.

"Hi, Miss Andrea. You caught me yet again." I fail to crack a smile. Her happy personality makes it hard or me to be mad at her, but she certainly lost some of my trust.

"Now, how much did you hear?" Her face pulls into a slight frown, which doesn't stay long as her lips twitches into a grin. She hugs me tightly. "Thank god you didn't come in here riddled in bullets again. That was terrifying, and it did a good number on my heart. i'm get old!" 

"Oh shush. You're still young and beautiful. How many times do I need to remind you?" I chuckle. "You're also strong. You're crushing me." 

"Oops sorry dear." Andrea giggles cutely. "Now, let me check you really quick." She examines me as I sit there.  

"Seems good, but i want you to rest up some more." She instructs me before leaving behind white curtains next to me.

Of course, I get out of the bed right as she leaves. I do it slowly enough just to make sure I have enough balance. The last time I climbed out of a hospital bed too quickly, I fell right on my ass immediately. That wasn't the best experience ever.