Chapter 35

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land at the Kansas City airport. Please make sure one last time your seat belt is securely fastened. The flight attendants are currently passing around the cabin to make a final compliance check and pick up any remaining cups and glasses. Thank you."

I open my eyes ever so slightly, peeking at Jacob next to me. His seat is tilted back like mine. I watch as he appears to be asleep. One never quite knows if he is asleep or not. The guy could be fake sleeping the entire flight as he plots and plans in his mind. I'm no trained assassin or agent like him, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve. Plus, he wasn't the only one fake sleeping.

Jacob twitches and acts like he wakes up. "How was your sleep?" He looks at me groggily.

"I'm rested enough." I nod back. "You?"

"Me too." He nods back. We readjust our seats and buckle our seats.

"It'll be nice to be on ground again." Jacob relaxes a bit. "I was never one for airplanes."

"Are you scared of flying?" I wonder.

"Nah, I'm just a little bit paranoid." He shrugs, seemingly confident as usual. I sometimes wonder if he even fears anything, like quiver in fear type of fear.

"Oh yeah," his face lights up at a sudden thought, "I looked up the connecting flights departing to Chicago." His finger taps a napkin which has words scribbled across it.

I scan the contents of the napkin: the next flight is in five hours.

"Five hours?" I say in shock, "that's a long waiting time." Silently, I think it's also a long time frame in which one can do something, say ambush a flight carrier and assassinate a mafia boss.

"Yeah," he sighs ruefully, "but it is the first flight out of here."

I'm tempted to look up the times but it will only show my distrust. Thus, I will trust the flight times he says. I am not that worried. Plus, unbeknownst to Jacob, I took up extra precautions.

Seriously, Jacob always has some plan cooking. I'm not falling for his boy charm. He was totally trying to charm his way into making me believe that he was not going to sneak out and do something suspicious.

Anyways, onto the precautions I made. When I was doing my "lady business" in my bathroom, I used a Picocell to dial out. Yes, I made a call on an airplane, going against the explicit instructions given out from the flight crew. Well, with the help of Sky, I used a Picocell or whatever that is to contact my brothers.

It just so happens that my father put Leo and Tony in charge of watching over Alfredo Acerbi in case any shady business occurs. I guess my father has some paranoia too.

Obviously, my brothers are not within the air carrier itself since they are also fugitives in their own way. The plane that Acerbi is on is crawling with policemen and probably lots of CIA agents. Well, that's my assumption since I didn't get to ask for too many details.

No, Leo and Tony are trailing Alfredo Acerbi with their own airplane. I know this because Dante, who I called, bitched about it. He was in a bad mood that he was not allowed to go. He was stuck at home because he hadn't completed his paperwork, what exactly this paperwork was I had no clue. Still, I would not be surprised he found his way over here all by himself. He was never one to listen to people.

Anyways, I told all my brothers about Jacob. They are prepared to tackle Jacob if they see him. I kinda want to see this scenario take action.

My brothers vs Jacob: Jacob does not have a chance.