chapter 10

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I've been so late posting this! I'll admit, part of it is having my other story, part of it is business/writer's block, and part of it..........is LAZINESS.

You may throw tomatoes and oranges at me if you wish.

(Just no apples or anything, those hurt!)

Anyhoo, again, I am SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOOSOSO sorry its so late!!! Thanks for waiting and reading this storyy!!

-

"So...you...felt these emotions?"

"Yes." I've answered this question so many times, its gotten quite irritating.

"And...you knew that they weren't yours?"

"Yes. I could just tell that they were separate feelings from mine because I could still feel how I was feeling, while also feeling these other emotions."

"And how did these other emotions feel?"

I want to smoke my head against the table in front of me. The woman interviewing me is another psychological specialist from the Facility, and she's worst than the last one. The guy I'd had this morning had at least tried not to sound like a therapist. I swear, the chair that I'm sitting on probably has more flair than her.

"Well," I began, like I've begun so many other times. I've had to explain this so many times that I've actually gotten a handle on what happened, or at least how I think it happened. "They were...factual. I just knew straight out, that if the nutcracker I was giving him was a trick or something, that he'd kill me."

"Explain this more to me. How...'factual'?"

I resisted the urge to scowl at her. "What I mean is...like he was being honest with me. They weren't mean or cruel feelings. They were just set and determined. Honest. Straight forward. A fact."

She typed this quickly into the little computer she had. Before she finished typing, she asked, "And how did you feel about this? This 'fact'?"

Just peachy. It's not like he hadn't just threatened to kill me or anything. "Scared. Shocked. Confused."

Mrs.VanHoff - I think that's her name, I can't exactly remember - looked me straight in the eye when she asked this next question. "I'm not exactly sure how to phrase this next question I have..." I was surprised to hear uncertainty in her voice - an emotion! "But...when you...'knew he was going to kill you'...was it a voice? Were you hearing...well, his voice in your head? Or hearing another thought?"

I let out a sigh, closing my eyes. I know how to answer this question too, but Mrs.VanHoff has been the first person to ask me it. After I'd left Subject R's cell, I'd been a type of shock. I'd just been bombarded by so much at once that I could hardly think of anything else, and, from what Winter told me, I'd entered the observation rooms 'like a zombie'. There had just been so much to try and figure out! So much had happened!

Geoffry had been the one to wake me from my stupor, his voice loud in my ear and his hands firm on my shoulders. He'd been laughing his head off and smiling away, congratulating me. Once I'd met his eyes though, he immediately knew that there was something else.

I'd sucked it up and let everyone congratulate me, tell me what a great job I'd done, while my mind had still been whirling around and around. Once I'd been free of the observation rooms, I'd walked down to the closest break room. It had luckily been empty and I'd sunk down into a chair, burying my face into my hands.

My entire body was shaking and I didn't know why.

Geoffry of course found me not five minutes later.