Level One

"A-Agent Romanov?" I said timdly, trembling in my knee-high leather boots. There was no reponse. What was I supposed to do? Interogate her? Fight her? Stare at the back of her head for an hour?

Second guess is a charm.

Suddenly she whipped her head around and looked at me. She had a gleam in her eye that meant she was about to fight me. I would know that look. I had seen it at school alot.

Even though Natasha Romanov was a highly trained master assassin with no sence of mercy, I couldn't help but smile.

"So, I guess they tied you up," I said walking over to her, "To make it fair?" I knew just how I was going to play this. Just as I figured it out she cut through the rope and grabbed the chair.

"Listen, Miss Romanov, I'm just a fifteen year old girl. I... I don't even know why I'm here! I can't fight!" I said, giving her the, 'Please let me live!' look.

"Fury wouldn't have brought you in if he didn't think you could fight." She had me there.

"But Fury... he's somewhat crazy! I mean, Cool, but /crazy/!" I said, backing off. "Then again, you'd do anything Fury asked you to do..."

"Excuse me?" Aah, yes, Romanov. Perfect.

"Well," I said innocently, "You have red in your ledger. And I bet you'd do anything...." While she was listening to me, I ducked to the ground and whipped her leg out from under her, placing the chair legs on either side of her head. "... To wipe it out."

She kicked her legs out, throwing me across the room so that I hit a wall. It hurt and knocked the breath out of me, but if it's anything I've learned from hours spent watching the Avengers, it's Never Give Up.

I picked myself up and put myself into fighting stance, making sure I wasn't leaving myself open. She did the same. I knew she wasn't going to make the first move, so I ran toward her, faking like I was going to go for her legs. At the last second, I jumped up, roundhousing the side of her head.

She caught hold of my leg and slung me against the wall. I flung my arms over my head to protect myself.

I felt dizzy. When I had sparred in class it had always been with people at my level. I had never had to fight a master assassin before. But if I wanted to be a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. then I would have to push through.

I picked myself up and put my hand on the wall for balance, knowing I was probably completely screwed. This /was/ Natasha Romanov. She's Russian. No mercy. Not even for a fifteen year old girl. How did Fury expect me to beat her?

Then I realized: I am fighting one of my role-models. /The/ Natasha Romanov!

While I was mentally fangirling, she caught me off gaurd and grabbed my arm. Out of surprise, I shrieked. I noticed the way she cringed and nearly dropped me when I let out that small shriek. Fangirling was my weakness, yes, but it was also hers.

I screamed. Full. Out. Screamed. Loud and powerful, forcing her to cringe back and hold her hands to her ears. Every scream that emulated from my vocal chords was louder, higher-pitched, more powerful. I couldn't even notice myself getting light headed.

Eventually she tried to ignore my fangirlish squeals, but it was too late. I had grabbed the chair and hit her in the head with it. While she was in a daze, I used the rope to tie her back to the chair.

Then I stopped. I couldn't breathe or think clearly. Screaming causes lack of oxygen. But this was good enough for Fury, and a second door swung open. As I stepped through the door I heard Agent Romanov whisper to me from across the room,

"Level Two..."

~Sorry it's short and not that good, but I am tired today. Live with it. Please follow me on IG @the_glowstick_of_destiny <3 xox~