Chapter One: Broken Happiness

Runnaway Love- Chapter One: Broken Happiness

A/N: I’ve never written a fan fic before but I’ve always had a thing for English and literature. The concept of this story came to me one night while I was laying down listening to my iPod. There will be 3 other girls but I wanted to introduce the main charecters first, Iridescent and Jacob aka Princeton. Lemme know if I should continue! **The younger years of Iri will be based off some of my own life experiences.**

Iri (E- Re-) POV **Flashback Age: 10**

“Catch me if you can!” I squealed. Jacob grinned and chased after me. I missed those days. I thought of Jacob as my knight in shining armor. He swept me away from the bullies at school and the merciless torture I faced at home.

“Slow down a little!” Jacob shouted after me.

“Never!” I giggled.

Next thing I knew, I was on the ground.

“You forced me!” Jacob said breathlessly.

 “You didn’t have to tackle me,” I hissed, clutching my bruised side. The bruise wasn’t Jake’s fault but my body still battered and sore from last night. I began to numb myself, trying to block out the pain. Jacob quickly jumped to his feet and looked at me with apologetic eyes, not daring to touch me knowing I’d only push him away. Once I looked calmer, he extended his hand to me and gently helped me up.

“Sorry ‘bout that” Jacob apologized, scratching the back of his curly head.

 “It’s fine” I quickly said, putting my hands behind my back. I noticed Jake's eyes drift down to the side of my dress and I looked down.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry Iri!" He apologized once again, his eyes flashing between my hazel ones and the big green grass stain on my dress.

 “I’m sure the grass stain won’t get me into too much trouble.” Lies. This grass stain was going to get me into more than just trouble. I hated lying to Jacob. He deserved a better best friend that didn’t lie to him like I do. A friend that could have him over the house. A friend who simply didn’t have so much going on at the young age of ten. Jacob frowned, he knew to some extent what I had going on. He had seen- what I consider- minor bruises on my arm that I failed to completely cover on several occasions. Of course, I shrugged it off and made up an excuse and gave my biggest smile while at the same time holding back tears. Deep inside, I knew that he knew that something was up but he played along.

“Let’s try to wash it out anyway” Jacob said, interrupting my thoughts.

 “No, its fine- I promise” I lied again, throwing in a fake smile. Jacob gave me a look that made me feel terrible but he let it go.

“I have to talk to you, Iridescent.”

 Uh oh. Jacob only called me by my full first name if he’s gonna tell me something big- and usually disappointing.

“What’s up fro-fro?” I giggled, trying to lighten the dark mood that suddenly took over. He flashed a weak smile that came as fast as it went, “take a seat…” At this point, my heart was beating against my chest and I was beyond nervous I couldn’t take much more disappointment in my life. Jake and I sat on the park bench Indian style, facing each other. “My mom told me something that I have to tell you.” Jacob dragged. “And what is that Jake?” I persisted nervously, staring into his deep brown eyes. “We’re…we’re…” Jacob looked down.

“Jake…you can tell me anything you know that right?” I reassured hoping he’d spit it out. Right after I said that, I heard a small sniffle. I hooked my index finger under his chin and lifted it. My heart literally broke. Tears were streaming down the beautiful face that I secretly adored so much. His eyes were scarlet red; his bottom lip was quivering a little, and his face was turning a dark red. He stared straight into my eyes and I stared straight into his. As if on cue, I threw myself into his arms and cried with him, trying to comfort him.

“We’re…We’re moving Iri…” Jacob finally chocked out. I let out the most pained and hurt sound that had ever escaped my lips. I could feel Jacob’s arms tighten around me. He and I just cried together for only god knows how long…

I remember that pain like it was yesterday. The pain was greater than any beating to this day. I remember the way it felt to lose him....and it still hurts like hell.

**Should I continue? I need feedback!**