Worry

-Bellamy-

As I watch the exchange between Lexa and Echo it is unclear who out ranks who. Yet the animosity between the two of them is crystal clear.

Lexa is as cold and impassive as usual but behind her mask of composure she's hiding something. There are cracks in her charade. I cannot quite fathom whether those cracks are from annoyance, guilt or worry.

What could Lexa possibly have to worry about though? To worry would mean to care and the grounder queen was too emotionless to care.

Echo of the Ice-Kru is fierce and unfaltering, as I watch her I'm reminded of Clarke. When she speaks everybody listens, just as everybody listened when Clarke spoke.

"Bellamy of the Sky-Kru, this talisman it not of my knowing nor doing. Rest easy that I will punish whoever is responsible. I am understanding that Clarke of the Sky-Kru eliminated the mountain men, who have killed many of my own. Clarke of the Sky-Kru has become a legend amongst my own. We are here to bid thanks and to pledge a treaty with her and her own."

"Why would we even entertain the idea of another alliance with you grounders? After all you abandoned us, you left us all in Mount Weather to die!" I scowl angrily, tasting the bitterness of my words on the tip of my tongue.

"That was I regret a mistake upon our part," she glares towards Lexa as she speaks, "and we are here to pledge a treaty with Clarke of the Sky-Kru, not an alliance."

"Why would we trust you to uphold a treaty any better than that of an alliance?" I ask briskly.

"Because Bellamy of the Sky-Kru there has been enough blood shed between your kind and mine. I saved your life once before. Let us both save those lives of our own also. There is no further reasoning for your kind and my own to be enemies."

I can see that she is speaking openly and despite knowing very little about Echo of the Ice-Kru I realise I trust her more than I trust Lexa, though that isn't hard considering how I have no trust in Lexa.

"The talisman in your hand says otherwise," I challenge.

"We have already said that we know nothing of this!" Lexa snaps, her nostrils flared, yet she looks more vulnerable than annoyed. Vulnerability is such an odd look on the grounder queen and I can't help but wonder what is with her.

Echo raises her hand in a gesture to silence Lexa and to my surprise she obeys. The question of who out ranks who is no longer valid, clearly Echo is the hierarchy here, perhaps that's Lexa's problem here.

Echo punches her fist and the talisman into the air as she loudly proclaims, "I will punish whoever is responsible for this. I see that you understand my reasoning Bellamy of the Sky-Kru. Let us pledge our treaty to the legendary Clarke of Sky-Kru now, bring on your first forward, so that we can pledge." She looks behind me, as if searching for Clarke.

"Clarke isn't here," I repeat unable to hide my dejection.

"She's gone to Polis?" Lexa asks thoughtfully, her eyes suddenly alight with something I can't quite fathom.

Her question causes Echo to stiffen and glare once more towards Lexa. There was obviously some serious tension between the two of them and I couldn't help but wonder what the cause of the tension was. It was obvious neither queen liked the other.

Before I can answer Lincoln steps forward boldly claiming, " Clarke is at Mount Weather, gathering intel on the Mountain Men's leftover resources," he lies flawlessly. Echo nods, her eyes flickering with fear, before she recovers her composure almost instantly.

Suddenly Lincoln's bluff makes sense. By irradiating Mount Weather we had become the enemy that the grounders fear. With our own technology and the resources from inside Mount Weather we were a threat not to be reckoned with. The grounders needed this treaty for their own sake not ours. We really did have the upper hand with the grounders this time and they knew it, that was why they were here. They needed this treaty because they now feared us.

My eyes briefly meet Lincoln's in silent understanding and I'm unable to stop the corners of my mouth from curving slightly into a small smirk. Suddenly things seemed to be going in our favour for a change, it was about time things started to look up for us.

When I turn my attention away from Lincoln, I notice that Echo is watching me closely. When our eyes meet I'm surprised by the small smile she returns. She doesn't smirk, she smiles shyly.

I'd recognise that smile anywhere, I'd seen it so many times before. That smile was a telltale sign that Echo was attracted to me. Instinctively I let my eyes wander down the ice queens slender figure, in doing so my mind wanders to Clarke.

I immediately turn away, wishing Clarke was here, wishing Clarke gave me that telltale smile too.

"When will Clarke return? Echo asks, her smile gone, her serious tone brisk.

"We were planning to go to her before that thing nearly killed my brother!" Octavia snarls pointing to the talisman.

"Octavia of the Sky-Kru, you are too becoming of a legend among my own. I have heard much of you from Indra, who speaks much praise of you," she tilts her head towards O, almost in a bow.

O exhales in surprise before threatening, "Make sure you do punish whoever is responsible for poisoning my brother or else I will!" Her words are fierce, reminding me just how tough she had become in the short time we had been on the ground.

At the threat Echo blinks in surprise, but remains unfaltering and stern as she offers, "Rest easy, I am of understanding. Now let us not keep you from Clarke of the Sky-Kru longer. Go to her. Take our horses and Lexa with you. Me and my own will wait to pledge our treaty once you return with Clarke of the Sky-Kru."

With that she stalks away without a second glance, leaving Lexa and the two horses standing before us. Lexa has been handed the reins to the horses, which she clutches firmly as she stares ahead looking a picture of peeve, no longer bothering to keep her expression impassive.

My shoulders fall and I exhale deeply, letting the tension roll from me as I glance around at the others. They all remain silent, yet they all appear just as confounded as I feel about the meeting with Echo and Lexa.

It is Monty who finally breaks the silence when he implies, "What are we waiting for? Lets go find Jasper and Clarke at Mount Weather." The voice is full of urgency, his eyes full of pain and worry.

"Find?" Lexa asks her voice peculiarly sounding more worried than accusatory which makes me frown in confusion.

In warning I glance at the others to silence their questions. My own questions now whirling around in my mind. They could wait though, my questions could wait. Clarke couldn't. Clarke and Jasper couldn't.

Monty was right, we had nothing to wait for any longer. It was time to go and find Clarke and Jasper. I just hoped we would find them at Mount Weather. We had to find them there.

If we didn't then there was no telling how Echo of the Ice-Kru would react. There was no telling how Monty and Abby would cope if we didn't find them. There was no telling how I would cope if I didn't find them, if I didn't find Clarke.

AN-

As always thanks for reading/voting/commenting!

Check of the picture! I'm pretty sure I have heart eyes just from looking at it!

xOxO