The Drop Ship

-Bellamy-

We head towards the drop ship, naively hoping to find both Clarke and Jasper there. In the back of my mind I know Clarke won't be there. She would know it would be the first place we would look for her; and she didn't want to be found.

Nevertheless we had to check. We had to find them both and convince them to come back to camp; knowing how headstrong Clarke is, I know the latter will be the hardest part of this mission.

It was good to have a mission again though. It was good to know I would see Clarke soon; that I would get a second chance at convincing her to stay. There was so much I should have said, so much I hadn't said. Since she had left our goodbye had been playing in my mind over and over in a constant loop.

"We're wasting our time going back to the drop ship. I know Jasper and he'll have gone back to Mount Weather," Monty protested for the tenth time, making me wish I hadn't convinced Kane to have him included in the search party.

Grimacing I explained once again, "We have been through this already. We check the drop ship first," as I spoke I knew he was right. Mount Weather had been Jaspers home. He had met Maya there, of course that's where he would go.

It was just as unlikely that he would be at the drop ship as it was that Clarke would be. It was me that wanted to check the drop ship first though. It was me that naively hoped Clarke would be there. Even though I knew she wouldn't, because the drop ship had been her home, the camp that her and I had built together.

Perhaps the drop ship would hold a similar sentiment to her as Mount Weather did to Jasper. We had to look. I had to look. Even if it was just to rule it out. We had to look.

"Why so serious?" Wick asked a huge grin on his face, "oh come on. Have you never heard of the Joker, of the Batman. There were comics on the arc you know," he teased cheerily, causing Monty to stomp ahead angrily.

I shook my head at him accusing, "Now is not really the time for jokes. Jasper and Clarke are both missing remember," I couldn't understand why he volunteered to come on the search. His nonchalant mood unnerved me. He should have just stayed back at camp and helped Raven do something more productive.

"Geez I were only trying to lighten the mood," he complained unashamed.

"Are you and Raven like an item now Wick?" Miller called from up ahead.

He grinned like an idiot boasting, "Something like that."

"Niiice," Miller approved with an envious laugh.

"Can we all focus. This is a search party after all," I barked suddenly annoyed.

Miller muttered under his breath, "Since when did Bellamy become Clarke?" I pretended I hadn't heard the comment and the laughs that followed. Sounding like Clarke wasn't necessarily a bad thing. So they could laugh all they wanted.

For a while we walked in silence before Wick added thoughtfully, "You and Raven are close aren't you?" His eyes suddenly bore into mine.

"Evidently not as close as you and her," I state matter-of-factly before stalking ahead to catch up with Monty. I hated his prying eyes and I hated hearing him dote over Raven even more. I was not getting back into the conversation about the newest love birds again.

Don't get me wrong I was happy for the two of them; I really was. Raven deserved to be happy. After everything she had been through, with Finn especially. She deserved to be happy more than most. I had huge respect for Raven and for that brain of hers. We hadn't always seen eye to eye, but we were friends now and I was glad she had found somebody to take her pain away.

It was just that suddenly all talk about the two of them made Clarke's absence seem all that much worse. I couldn't understand why. Clarke and I were nothing like Raven and Wick. So why did I think of her and I every single time they were mentioned. It was as though my mind had formed this connection between them and us on its own accord and no matter how much I tried to shake it off. I couldn't, because any mention of them just made Clarke seem all that much further away from me.

My thoughts instantly cut off when I see movement in the trees up ahead and I quickly halt, gesturing to the others to stop. A few long moments pass as we all stand like silence statues, staring around the woods.

The trees rustle toward the left of us, just before a flock of birds squawk and soar into the sky, having clearly been startled by someone or something. I line my rifle up in the direction of the movement, looking through the viewfinder.

"I don't see anything," I report ominously after thoroughly searching our surroundings twice over.

"Nor me," Miller confirms while peering through his viewfinder too.

We both check again, both seeing nothing and hearing nothing but the wind and our own steady breaths.

Satisfied that it's safe for now I advise, "Let's keep going, but stay alert. Remember we're out in the open here. We all need to stay alive!"

No way was I letting anybody else die, not on my watch. Kane and Abby had put me in charge of this search and I was determined to succeed. My janitor days were over; on the ground I was somebody.

Clarke had said I was somebody my mother would be proud of. I hope she was right. I wanted her to be right. I wanted to be that person, the person she saw in me even in my darkest of days.

Finally we had reached the drop ship. I still thought of this place as home, but seeing the battle scene for second time I felt so home sick.

The camp we had built with our bare hands was in ruins. It was a sad reminder of everyone and everything we had lost. I hated to see it this way but most of all I hated how quiet it was here. The quietness was another reminder of what was lost but it was also a bad sign. A sign that our friends weren't here.

Silently I strode ahead of the others, pulling down the drop ship door as soundlessly as possible. Holding my breath I pull back the tarpaulin and peer inside.

First I register the unwelcome emptiness, but then all I see is blood. The floor of the drop ship is covered in blood. There's even blood splattered against the walls. There's so much blood everywhere.

A sicken sense of awareness sets in as I realise something or someone has been massacred inside our drop ship. As I stare at the horrific scene before me I'm filled with nothing but dread and panic for both Clarke and Jasper.

I hadn't noticed Monty beside me, but clearly he had seen what I'd seen because he was now vomiting violently and I knew exactly how he felt.

-x-

AN

Thanks for reading, voting and Commenting.

Season 3 just needs to hurry up, I'm missing Clarke and Bellamy's heart eyes so much!!

XoXo