Fear

-Bellamy-

I take a deep breath to prepare myself, then I gravely step over the threshold. I don't look at the blood sloshing around my boots. Instead I bravely hold my head up high and stride purposefully inside the drop ship.

All the while there's a voice inside my head frantically pleading, "Not Clarke. Please don't let the blood be hers. Please let her be safe!" I ignore my minds pleas forcing myself to stay focused as I inspect the scene.

I have never seen so much blood before. The blood however is the only sign of life that I find. The drop ship is completely empty. There is no body. The absence of a body makes me finally release my breath, but I'm far from relieved.

I notice the strange smell in the air, a stale rusty scent from the mixture of blood and something sickly sweet that I can't identify. The air is thicker than outside and it's much darker than I remember. Only a little light seeps from the panels casting eerie shadows that I have never noticed before.

A cold chill travels down my spine and I'm forced to clamp my eyes shut as I take another deep breath to steady myself.

"Keep it together Bell. The only thing you have to fear is fear itself," I mutter my mothers advice quietly to calm my nerves.

"What was that Bellamy. Did you find something?" Miller shouts from outside, obviously not waiting to brave coming in.

"I didn't say anything," I call back in protest, hoping he hadn't heard my private words. I didn't want Miller to think I was spooked even if he wasn't brave enough to follow me in. He still couldn't know how spooked I was.

I turn on my heel, ready to abandon my inspection. Then I hear a crunching sound from beneath my boot. I glance down, seeing a small peculiar object soaked in the pool of blood. Shrugging my shoulders I bend down to pick it up.

I hold it between my thumb and index finger, wondering what it is. The object is soaked blood red. It appears to be made from a mixture of fern and small branches which have been woven together into the shape of an oddly deformed figure. It reminds me a little of Octavia's toy doll Cotta, who she carried around constantly when she was growing up.

I did not recognise the thing in my hand, but I knew it was no innocent toy doll like Cotta. This blood soaked woven doll was here for a reason. It was a clue to finding out what had happened here. A clue to finding Clarke and Jasper.

I needed to know everything I could possibly know about the deformed object in my hand. And I knew just where to start. I would start with Lincoln. Lincoln was the key to finding Clarke and Jasper.

-X-

AN

Thanks for reading. Voting. Commenting.

This is only a short chapter but I hope you like.

So we know the blood isn't Clarke's but what about Jasper, is the blood his? 😶

Anybody guess what's going on?

Who are your favourite pov so far? 😍

XoXo