PROLOGUE : Raindrops

The rain was pouring down on Athena as she speedily navigated the dark forest of the royal magic academy.

Her Buddy Klaus was going to be so pissed. Serves him right though, thought Athena. Athena hadn't been at the academy for long, but it only took a couple of weeks for her friend to send a distress note to her telling Athena to meet her within the school grounds. In the Dark forest.
It wasn't anything in the forest that freaked Athena out; it was the fact that it was very hard to cast magic within the protected grounds.
Athena's magic was stronger than a lot of people realized. She had to play it safe by faking like she was a newbie at it, but when in reality she was perhaps the most powerful wizard the world had yet to see.
"Athena! Yo, Athena!" She heard her friend call to her. Athena rolls her eyes and steps into the clearing, where Athena continued to get soaked.
"Hey, Astra. What's up?" Athena greets her friend warmly. It had been a while since they had last spoken face to face.
The other girl looks up at Athena and one could see the unearthly beauty that the two girls shared.

While Athena was tall and lean, Astra was short and of medium build. Athena had red hair that she liked to keep in a ponytail; Astra had ash black hair that she liked to have flow down her back. Both girls, however, had similar features. Both possessed unsurpassed charm and grace, knowledge that could not be compared to. If people did not look closer they would believe them to be sisters. "Athena! Good to see you!" Astra exclaimed. Astra rushes to hug her friend and Athena welcomes the embrace.
"Astra, please tell me what's wrong. I have to get back soon."
Astra laughs, "Oh please. Like you need any more magic lessons. You're practically already a legendary wizard!"
Athena didn't want to correct her on the reason she wanted to get back. In all honesty, Athena just wanted to return to spend more time with her crush, Klaus. Someone with Athena's talent and job could never love anyone. It was the unspoken rule.
Who is Athena? What is her job?
Simple. She is the Guardian of the Ark of the Covenant.