Chapter 11- Howling at the Moon

Chapter 11

"Would you rather I tell them to you? Or show them?" I concluded within a devilish grin on my face.

His face light up, and he said bravely, "Show me."

"Ok, here is the first one."

I Jumped across the room, chuckling at his widened eyes. I then Jumped back to inches from his face.

"Wow! You can teleport?" he said incredulously.

I bowed my head humbly, "I call it Jumping, but yeah, I can teleport."

"Can you transport more than just yourself?"

"I...I don't know. I've never had another person to try it with," I said hesitantly.

"Well, try it with me!" he said, far too eager.

I reached over and grabbed his arm gently, noticing a small jolt of electricity that seemed to run up my fingers and through my body at the contact. I looked at him in surprise, my purple eyes meeting his crystal blue ones, to see that he had felt it too. But regardless, I held on tighter and pictured outside. Snow covered the ground and the large door was in front of me. Us. The picture grew and grew in my mind, until I felt a bitter chill. I opened my eyes and saw we were both outside!

"Jack! I did it! We both Jumped!" I shouted gleefully, over the roaring wind of the quickly approaching blizzard. But when I looked over at Jack, he appeared very sad.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing...I just miss the cold."

Sorrow tainted his voice. Well, I can change that!

"Okay, time for my next trick. I like to call it Morphing. I figured out that it helps people open up to me somehow, on a more primitive level, being as how they can't actually see me. I think that people are more likely to open up their minds to say a bunny, than, well, me. So here it is."

I dropped down to all fours and began to concentrate. I had the image of a wolf in my mind and concentrated on what it looked like. This trick took me the longest to master because the first time it happened, I was completely clueless as to what was happening, let alone that it was a power.

I thought of white, soft, thick fur covering my body. Of four strong legs and a tail. Sharp teeth in my mouth. And strength. Having strength to run with the pack. To hunt. To kill.

I looked up and growled. I was a wolf.

The human in front of me looked slightly wary of me. Good. That means he'll be easy to kill. I growled and slowly advanced on the retreating human, anticipating the kill, when I remembered.

Jack! That's Jack. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the strong wolf instinct to hunt. That is the only other problem with Morphing. Depending on how strong the instinct of the animal, the harder it is to find myself again.

I barked twice at Jack before laying my head down in the snow, trying to show I meant no harm.

"Jan...Aurora? Is that you?"

I barked and jumped up, wagging my tail.

"Wow! That is so cool. So you can turn into any animal? That must be really awesome."

Then under his breath he mumbled, "She can turn into any animal she wants and all I could do was make things cold? Of course."

Ok, I'm ready to change back into a human now. I imagined my human body in my mind. Long green and blue hair. Freckles. Long legs. Come on, human me.