Chapter 1-Alone

ok so beginning is a bit cliched as far as frost fan fics go, but bear with me- gotta have some background:) hope you enjoy!

Jack POV

It was years after me and the other guardians defeated Pitch. I was glad to officially be a guardian now, to be included in something bigger than myself, but I was still lonely.

North was a nice person to talk to, as he understood my love of the cold, but it was lacking something. He was always too focused on Christmas, and his little elves were always trying to get back at me for freezing them.

Tooth was ok to talk to as well but she was too flighty. she was always zipping around muttering about teeth. Not that I had a problem with teeth, but too much was too much. And she was never alone. She was always surrounded by a posse of baby teeth, and as I'm sure you know they are like little fan girls, always swooning and gazing at my teeth.

Sandy, well, he can't talk at all, and staring at the pictures he makes makes my head hurt after too long.

And then that leaves Easter Bunny. As I'm sure everyone knows he loves me. But it is always so much fun to annoy him!

I was truly happy to be one of them now, but it didn't fill the loneliness I had. Very few kids saw me, but it was better than being completely invisible. Just because I had been made a Guardian did not mean kids instantly saw me, so it was up to Jamie and his friends to help, but they were grown up now. I had to go see them more and more to renew their faith in me. Now, if no one believed in me, I would disappear...

But it was getting harder and harder to keep trying to make kids happy when I could barely cheer myself up anymore. I was always staring forlornly at all the kids all the time having fun. I often prayed to the moon to give me another chance at being human but he never responded. I never really thought anything would come of it until one day......

Jane's POV

"Jane! Are you crazy? Where is your coat?" my friend Savannah shouted at me over the howling cold wind. She had on two giant coats, a scarf, and by the bulkiness of her pants, maybe two or more pairs of pants.

Me, I was in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I just giggled and opened my arms to greet the oncoming gust of icy arctic air. I loved the cold weather. Growing up I had never seen snow, but after the move up north, I fell in love with it. No one else understood that, especially all the natives who had been dealing with it for years, but I didn't care. I felt carefree as the cool air enveloped me.

Being as carefree as i felt I shouted to no one in particular, "Eh, Jack Frost, is that the best you can do!" As a sort of response the frosty wind grew stronger, whipping the trees into a frenzy and making my hair swirl crazily around me.

Jacks POV

"Best I can do huh?" I said mischievously, and summoned a great burst of wind and pointed it straight at her. Even though she didn't believe in me it was nice to know someone knew my name. People like her, who genuinely loved the cold, were the highlights of my job. So were the people who could actually see me, but, well, you know what they say about beggars.

I was in the middle of guiding the wind and I felt a strange feeling. I felt.....cold. I was worried something was wrong with me or my powers. I never feel cold. I can sense when the air around me is cold or when I change the temperature, but I don't feel in the same way humans do. It's one of the perks of being me. Everything else felt the same. I was still me... but different. More human. Colder.

I looked over the girl- Jane I think it was- and she was looking back at me with incredulous eyes. What was going on?