Chapter 6

Kiss With A Fist  

Chapter 6 

      I walked into the living room, a frown replacing my earlier cheerfulness. Jayden and Jason were both sprawled out on the couch, watching Pete Travis' Vantage Point and devouring a pack of Oreos. The forest green carpet was littered with wrappers, and a half-eaten box of vegetarian pizza sat on the glass coffee table. 

      I sighed. The gunshots and screams were coming from the TV. 

      "'Ey, you're back! What took you so long?" Jayden asked, noticing Theo and I standing there. 

      "I got you some more gauze bandages, rubbing alcohol and antiseptic. And groceries." I answered. I glanced at Theo who grinned as he noticed the pizza. 

      "Theo, wash your hands before eating. I don't need two sick kids to take care of." I warned Theo. 

     "'Ey!" Jayden protested. I smirked as Theo nodded and skipped to the washroom, humming to himself. For a moment, I stood there wondering what went on inside of his three-year-old head. Jayden cleared his throat.  

      "What?" I turned to look at him. 

      "You're blocking the TV." 

      "Oh." I didn't know what to say, so I moved away, deciding to put the groceries away. I walked to the front hall and lugged the groceries to the small kitchen, and got to work. To think that there were three guys who could've helped me, but I worked alone. 

-•@•- 

     Jayden hissed in pain, clenching his jaw as I dabbed at his injuries with rubbing alcohol. I inspected the stitches in his thigh, glad that there weren't any signs of infection. I bandaged his wound carefully, but then Theo came screaming, making me jump in fright and I landed on Jayden's leg. 

     "Levi!" He choked out in a strangled voice. My eyes widened. 

     "Sorry! I'm so sorry." I replied, moving away and blushing in embarrassment. 

     "LWEE! I'M SCAWED!" Theo shrieked. I picked him up, rubbing his back in a circular pattern, as he lay his head on my shoulder. I started singing to him softly, trying to put him to sleep. After a while, his quiet snores filled my ears and I walked to Jason's room, laying Theo on his bed.  

      When I got back to Jayden, he was fast asleep. I sighed, finished wrapping his thigh and changed his other bandages. I fixed Jayden's position on the couch, making him lie down, then wrapped him snugly in a thick blanket. I leaned down and kissed his forehead before going off to bed. 

-•@•- 

     "Yo! Over here!" I glanced over at the guy who beckoned me. He had one of those smirks that labelled him as a troublemaker; crooked with a mischievous gleam in his brown eyes. I made my expression neutral, walking towards him, taking my time. I knew this was going to end badly, most likely for me, since I wasn't allowed to talk back to the customers. 

      "What's cookin', good lookin'?" He sneered at me. I grit my teeth and answered, being as civil as possible. 

      "Did you need something sir?" He smirked, a dangerous twinkle in his eyes. 

      "Yes I did. But when I looked at you, I forgot what it was." I raised an eyebrow dubiously, waiting for his cheesy pickup line. "Oh yeah! I was wondering, was your father a terrorist? Cuz' damn girl, you've got some fine bombs." I widened my eyes in shock. 

     "How on earth did you find out?!" I cried out in horror. I grabbed his collar and shook him; his eyes widened in shock. Keeping the grin off my face, I leaned towards him. He leaned back. "Please don't tell anyone! I-I" I widened my eyes even more. A big hand clamped over my shoulder and I stopped. Great, Carlo was here to save me!

      "Sorry sir, but she's been traumatized ever since her pet iguana was found dead. Please excuse us." Carlo dragged me away and I winked at the guy who was now cowering in his seat. I smirked. His confidence had oozed out of his pores, leaving him a disgusting, cowardly man who only had a bunch of cheesy pickup lines to get laid.

     Carlo dragged me into the kitchen before turning me around and setting his steady gaze on me.

      "Really? How'd you know?" He burst out into unexpected laughter, which in turn made me laugh. "Oh-his-face-was-freak-ing-price-less!" he gasped out through his rumbling chuckles. I had calmed down by then but after seeing the giant named Carlo clutching his stomach, writhing on the floor laughing, I burst into giggles.

     "A dead pet iguana?" I cackled hysterically.

      "What's so funny?" Asked an all-too-familiar voice. I looked into Ian's emerald eyes in surprise.

      "What are you doing here?"

      "I'm here to see my most favourite person in the world." Ian replied sarcastically. "Here," he said, shoving a gift bag in my hand before walking out of the kitchen.

      "Huh?-Wait!" I yelled, running after him, but he had mingled with the rest of the growing crowd. Oh well. I took out the metallic bag's contents, gasping in surprise.

      He had replaced my glasses.

• | • | • | • | • | • | • | • | • | • | • 

A/N: Sorry, I know this is an extremely boring chapter, almost as boring as reading a textbook, but I needed a filler. I don't want to make the story too fast paced, or too boring. Any writer's big dilemma.

But if you liked the chappie, Vote, Comment, Fan, Like or Tweet.

 Tweety please! <----- Yeah, my attempt at being funny -.-

Song for today: 

Look In My Eyes by Rains

I love this song!