Chapter 9: Part 2

Kiss With A Fist

Chapter 9: Part 2

"Yes Katarina." I replied icily. Eh, wait a minute. Why was I being a beeyotch? So what if he loved her? It was his choice, and it was none of my business.

/Although, you [could] make it your business./ The devil on my left shoulder informed me.

Uh-oh. The devil was bad news. It always gave me bad advice that I usually ended up listening to.

"Why?" he asked cautiously, distracting me from the devil.

"Just curious." I replied evasively. I would /not/ tell him that I was jealous.

Oh no. I was jealous. So not good. Just kill me now, before I end up falling in love with him.

"How do you even know about her?" He asked after a long silence, a crease appearing between his eyebrows.

"Uhhh. . . That's irrelevant. You have to answer my question first!" I replied petulantly.

"Do I?" he raised an eyebrow cockily.

"Yes!" I cried out in exasperation. Jayden chuckled, burying my head into his chest once more. I squeaked in surprise.

I sighed. With all the squeaking I was doing, Jayden probably thought I was a mouse.

"Katarina is the reason why Josh is after me." I could feel the reverberation of his words surrounding me.

"What do you mean?" I asked stupidly. Jayden sighed.

"Josh and I used to be best frie-"

"But he was /my/ best friend!" I interrupted.

"Yes, well he was mine too, but then we got into a fight about Katarina. It also didn't help that we were in rival gangs at the time. Let's just say that it didn't end well for either of us." Were Josh and Jayden in love with the same girl?

The thought made my heart shrivel up like a raisin.

"Did you love her?" I whispered in a pained voice, after a long silence. Jayden stiffened, loosening his hold once again. I frowned, already missing the feel of his arms wrapped around me.

I was starting to think that I was hopelessly falling for Jayden, even though I had tried my best not to get attached.

Dang flabbit!

When I thought that Jayden would never reply, he finally did.

"Yeah." There was so much pain and sadness in that one word, I felt tears form in my eyes.

Why?

Why did I have to like-maybe even /love/-a man in love with someone else?

/Why me?!/ A whiny voice in my head cried out in disbelief.

/Why [not] me?/ Another, more reasonable, voice replied. /I'm an orphan supporting two younger brothers on my own. I work as a waitress at a club, and was fired from my job at the daycare. So why not me?/ The voice reasoned bitterly.

"Levi?" I looked up into Jayden's dark blue eyes, drowning in the emotion in them.

"Yea. . .?" I replied breathlessly. His eyes were so mesmerizing, I was unable to look away. Jayden lifted my chin, our faces so close I could feel his breath on my mine. My eyes shot wide open as I felt him brush his lips softly against mine.

"The key word is 'did'. I /did/ love her. Not anymore," he murmured breathily, before crashing his lips against mine. I don't think he meant to be so rough, but as soon as our lips touched, we exploded into flames of passion. He kissed me as if we were the last two people on Earth; as if the world was going to end. Cliché, I know. But it was still amazing, nevertheless. After a few moments of hesitation, I kissed him back just as ferociously.