The Beginning!

Hey, I’m Taylor. I’m 14 & in love with skateboarding. I started when I was 10. My family had moved to a new house in London right before my 10th birthday.

Flashback

Our first day there me & my twin brother Tyler went exploring. We walked to the end of the block & found a skate park. A bunch of people were there. Most of them were standing around & watching. A boy bout our age came up to us with a board.

“Hey, I’m Blake. Do you two skateboard?” He asked. We looked at each other & shook our heads.

“I’m Taylor & this is Tyler. No we don’t. we actually just moved to the house up the street. My dad skateboarded when he was younger but stopped after breaking his leg. I’ve always wanted to try it.” I kept babbling on until Tyler smacked my arm.

“Haha. Taylor I can teach you.” Blake said. He put his skateboard down in front of me. I stepped on it. He told me what to do. I started moving my foot on the ground. I kept my balance & kept going. I soon got the hang of it after an hour or two.

It was time to go home for dinner but I wanted to keep trying.

“You can have my board. I have a lot more at home.” Blake said. I smiled.

“Thank you.” I said. I gave him a hug & a kiss on the cheek before running off after Tyler.

End of Flashback

I still have the board but I haven’t seen Blake since that day. I got a lot more from my parents & friends for my birthdays. Tyler isn’t really into skateboarding but we do have one thing income in. Our taste in music. That’s another thing I’m in love with.

We both love rap & hip-hop. Girls at my old school, back in America, thought it was weird that I didn’t like Justin Bieber or One Direction or any of those kind of music.

When we turned 11 everything turned bad. My parents were always fitting. My dad beat my mom. She finally called the police. He was token away. She started getting really drunk every night. She would go out & come home with a new guy.

A year ago it got out of control. She was drinking & doing drugs. Tyler went to stop her but she hit him with the bottle. He fell to the floor unconscious. I didn’t know what to do so I called 911. They took him to the hospital & she was put in prison. Once Tyler was allowed out of the hospital we were brought to a foster home.

It’s been a year & Tyler was adopted after about a few months. He went to a nice home in Ireland. I was the only teen left. Everyone else was younger then 9. That was until I got adopted.