Chapter Eight

Unnamed point of view

"Mason Meyers." My father gulped thinking over our recently gathered information.

I was looking for a replacement for the girl in the cellar. Maybe two this time, I mused to myself.

"Are you listening to me, boy?" His angry tone made me roll my eyes.

"Mason Meyers," I repeated. "What's so special about Meyers?"

I wanted nothing more than to repay him for the damage that he had done to me. My face would be permanently scarred from what he did. I was lucky not to be blinded by him.

"If he's looking for us, we should leave."

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that my father was afraid of him. Any wolf worth the dirt on his paws wasn't afraid of anything. That's what I had been taught as I grew up, that was why I survived the change. I wasn't afraid of anything!

I scoffed. "I'm not leaving for one wolf."

A growl came from my father's direction. He was angry.

"You are not the one who calls the shots here. I always have and I always will."

"You call the shots?" I asked in a laugh. "What shots have you been calling? The only thing it's gotten me is a face full of scars."

We stood face to face as his eyes turned golden. "You ready to challenge me? You won't last two minutes," he threatened. Once, I would have been afraid of his threats, but not anymore. It was my time now.

He lunged at me, and he was right about one thing. The fight wouldn't last two minutes. When he lunged, I took advantage of his lack of balance and grabbed him before I slammed him into the floor. I could hear a squeak from the girl below us at the sound. When he tried to get up, I twisted his arm up, a fraction away from popping his arm out of the socket and breaking the bones in his forearm.

He hissed in pain. "You are making a mistake. You will never truly be strong enough to rule."

I smirked as I stood over his powerless body. "Who said anything about ruling?" I applied the needed pressure and destroyed my father's arm. He groaned in pain, so I slammed his head into the floor, effectively shutting him up.

With a sneer, I let go of him. His arm fell limply to the side.

Now, it was my time for the girl. I was finally in charge; there was no one to stop me from what I really wanted to do.

I strode down the stairs, more cheerful than I had been in a long time. The fear in her eyes was an aphrodisiac, bringing forth even more arousal than a victory had. Her fear let off a fraction, my good mood misleading her.

I was in charge now. I called the shots. I could do whatever the hell I wanted to now.

"Please, let me go. I won't tell anyone anything," she pleaded. The other three girls clung together cowered in their cell, shaking their heads at the girl.

The other three had been here longer. They knew how to behave. This one didn't, so I was going to get rid of her.

All I wanted was to give them a warning. They shouldn't have messed with me, not when I knew they were all so caring of the humans.

I couldn't help but smile at the poor doe as she shook and cowered in her cell. Abusing her trust would bring the most satisfaction. I stood her up and freed her from the bindings from her wrists.