Chapter Seven

Thank you Maya_2011 for the banner!

----

We stayed close for a while before Mason got up. He had to talk to the alpha about what happened. Maybe they could track down the guys together since there were two of them.

I stayed on the couch, in the borrowed scrubs I had from getting checked out, but I wasn't alone for long. Jenna made her presence known by some more stomping. I rolled my eyes a second before she entered the room.

"Who the hell do you think you are, swooping down on Mason once I had opened him up?" She tossed the accusation at me as she came closer and closer. I wasn't afraid of her like all the other women in this house. "You stay away from him, you whore!"

She shook her pointed, manicured, finger in my face.

"Get your finger out if my face before I break it."

She growled and didn't take my warning. She poked my forehead with said finger, which obviously crossed the line. I grabbed her finger and twisted as I stood up. I covered her mouth with my hand before I felt her finger pop and snap. Her scream was muffled by my hand, but I kept an ear out for anyone who would come running to her rescue.

"Now, you get something straight." I squeezed in her broken finger, earning another cry of pain. "You will stay away from Mason. He is mine."

She snarled, and again, I twisted, breaking a bone in her hand. I didn't like that she was trying to put a claim on what was mine. "You're going to listen to me."

She swung at me, forcing me to let her mouth free so I could block it. She screamed and I reacted. I punched her right in the jaw, cutting off her scream to a pathetic squeal.

I let her fall to the ground and cower with her broken hand pulled against her body.

"You bitch!" she yelled. We both heard people coming to investigate, so she thought she was safe.

"I might be a bitch, but you're a whore. You use your snatch as currency to get what you want around here."

Her jaw dropped as she gasped.

"Don't speak to her like that!" Her mate warned as he ran into the room.

I glared at him. "And you're pathetic, letting her do it. What kind of a man are you?"

When her mate took a step towards me, he was warned of by Mason's growl. He looked back at Mason once before turning his attention back to me.

"You should know that Mason started this mess. It's his fault she's like this."

Mason scoffed behind him. "Trust me, it wasn't my fault. She practically begged me for it."

My anger rose from being caught off guard. "That's classy."

I saw Mason's uncertainty through his eyes. He hadn't meant to say it, not like that, and especially not with me around. It was one of his knee-jerk reactions.

I looked down at the woman on the ground, grimacing in pain. "So you two were fuck buddies then?"

When she nodded, I looked up at Mason. "Isn't that something I should've been warned about?" I could barely stop myself from screaming at him. "You know, something like: this pack is different, humans hang around, most of them are whores, and, oh yeah, I screwed someone else's mate last time I was here?" I felt the sarcasm hanging from my words as much as my anger did.

"You shouldn't be so judgmental, you're the one who's going to mate bond with him," Jenna hissed condescendingly from the ground. The woman was surrounded by her pack, so she felt safe. It was a bad habit.