Chapter 49

Third Person POV

Turning their attention away from the unknown sword on the table, the queens looked at the entrance of the tent. Hearing multiple pairs of footsteps walking their way.

Fear grew from inside them when Lady Nora, or Nini, walked in. Her expression dark and empty as she stopped and stood in-front of their majesties. Her hounds, Zarah and Zila, stood on both sides behind her, hands behind their backs.

Queen Taylor gulped as Queen Eli's eyes narrowed as she stared at the powerful being before her. "How is it possible that rats managed to slip past your heavily guarded borders?" Lady Nora asked.

Crossing her arms over her chest, Queen Star glanced over at her mates. "They didn't slip through." Queen Emma started, straightening up. "They took down the guards before any of them could get the chance on sounding the alarms."

"Their failure lead to Alexandra being taken." Lady Nora stated harshly, the aura surrounding her becoming dark. "I told you to take care of that whiny, pathetic, manchild a long time ago. So, why is he still alive?"

"It's been difficult tracking him." Queen Eli frowned. Lady Nora shifted her head to look at her. "We haven't located him yet."

"Wait." Queen Star took a step forward, looking at Lady Nora then at her demon mate. "You know who's behind this?"

"Of course we do." Lady Nora scoffed, rolling her eyes. "The guardians know everything. Lesser demons tend to help us attain...information." Queen Jane looked at Queen Taylor confused. The tiger just shrugged her shoulders.

"Then why don't they help us get Alexandra back?" Queen Star asked, nearly shouting. The hounds behind Lady Nora tensed slightly.

"The Guardians can not interfere in this. You know that. The Guardians only guard the nonhumans from the humans who would destroy our kind. If you destroy yourselves, will...that's a different story."

Lady Nora gave a small, dark smile. "How is that a different story?" Lady Jane asked, tilting her head. The brunette turned to look at her.

"Because, we don't like humans. We can simply kill them without a second thought. But when you fight yourselves, it becomes annoying to keep you all alive." She ran her fingers through her hair. "It's rather a nuisance really. Anyways, be happy I'm even allowing the demons to help. The Angels have been giving me shit for the past few hours."

Her smile falling, Lady Nora then looked at each at the queens one at a time while she spoke. "The six of you being mates is not a coincidence."

Turning her back to the five mates, Lady Nora added, "Find the girl quickly. And if anything happens to her, the skies will fall upon you once again just like it did all those years ago." without saying another word, she left. Her hounds trailing behind her.

Queen Eil rolled her eyes and rubbed her forehead. "I regret gifting her those hounds when they were pups."

Gritting her teeth, Queen Star marched over to the demon queen and roughly grabbed the collar of her shirt. Queen Eli looked down at her mate, a frown on her face. "You have been in contact with the Guardians and didn't think to tell us?"

"I saw no need to. Lady Nora uses my demons to assist her, but that doesn't mean she likes to tell me anything. Even if I ask." Seeing the dragons distress and tears, Queen Eli's expression softened and she placed a hand over hers.

"Forgive me. I did not know not telling you would bring so much pain."

With tears streaming down her face, Queen Star let go of Queen's Eli's collar. Everyone watched with sadness and worried as the demon Queen took the dragon into her arms, wrapping them around Queen Star's waist and pull her close.

"What the hell is, Lady Nora?" Queen Jane sighed angrily. Going over to a desk to the side and picked up a wine bottle, pouring herself a drink. "She's so annoying and powerful, yet nearly no one knows about her."

"Yeah. None of my warriors heard of her before." Queen Taylor said, leaned back against a pole that was holding the tent up. "Didn't your sister ever tell you about her, Eli? She works with her, no?"

"Harper never tells me anything. We barely even speak to each other. During my entire life of knowing that girl, not even I know what she is." Queen Eli stated. Rubbing Queen Star's tumbling back. "She's a mystery."

"A powerful and dangerous mystery." Queen Emma mumbled, looking back at the map in-front of her.

-

Author: Okay, I'm telling you all this now, I'm never revealing what Nini is. Just know that's she's very powerful and even the five queens are fearful of her.

 Just know that's she's very powerful and even the five queens are fearful of her