Chapter 37

Third Person POV

Star tilted her head, feeling worried as her little mate seemed to be out of it. When Alex blinked, her eyes went from ice blue to baby blue that glowed slightly.

It was a small change, something not a lot of people will even notice but Star did and smiled. "And who are you, little pup?" She asked, leaning forward.

Alex turned to the dragon and smiled brightly which instantly made Star feel all warm inside. Her smile was like a sunny sky, all bright and happy. "I'm Mist. Who are you?"

"I'm one of your mates." Mist pouted. "I already know that." She whined, placing her chin on the table, staring at Star who was still smiling. Finding Mist behavior, amusing. "What's your name?"

Star cooed on how cute Mist looked when she tilted her head to the side, waiting for an answer. "My name is Samantha Jade Star, Queen of the Dragons. You can just call me Star."

Mist beamed, sitting back up and slammed her hands on the table which nearly sent the chessboard along with its pieces flying. Star chuckled at Mist's excitement, finding it cute how fast her tail was wagging behind her. "It's nice to finally meet you, Star!"

"It's nice to meet you too, Mist. May I ask a question." Mist tilted her head, curious and nodded her head. "Sure."

"Why is it just now that you decided to come out? It's been a while since Alex has shifted." Mist sat back down, her legs under her as she spoke.

"That's because our body was still weak after the silver was out of our system. When Alex finally shift for the first time, it was hard on both her body and me since I was asleep for a very long time. But, I'm here now!"

Mist's smiled returned. "You have very pretty hair." Star laughed. "Thank you, little pup." Mist's tail began to wag again. "Can I meet the others now? I really, really want to meet them." Star sighed, resting her head against her hand. "Sure, I don't mind. However, at the moment, Taylor and Jane are at their estate and Emma and Eli are busy talking to some people."

"That's okay!" Mist exclaimed. "I don't mind exploring! It'll be fun, especially if you're by my side." The young wolf got even more excited. There was a small twinkle in her eyes as she shot up from her seat, not wasting a moment and grabbed Star's hand, lightly pulling her so she would stand up.

Chuckling, Star stood up, her hand being held by Mist's small hands, who was guiding her towards the door which she eagerly opened and the two left the chambers.

Despite not knowing the layout, Mist guided Star around Queen Emma's castle. After a while of taking random lefts and rights, Mist pouted when realizing she was lost.

Turning back to Star, she gave a nervous laugh. "I think we're lost." Star laughed, shaking her head as she patted Mist's head. "It's alright. I'll take us to see Taylor first, I believe she's out training her warriors so we have to be careful. She gets kind of aggressive when she's gets into it."

Mist nodded her head, letting Star take the lead and lead her to the front entrance. Passing by maids and guards who bowed when seeing them. Mist only smiled and waved at them while Star paid them no mind.

Walking through the forest, Mist hummed. Looking around at all the pretty things that peeked her interest. Star saw this when she looked back to check on her, finding it adorable to see.

It didn't take long for the pair to reach a familiar training ground. They walked out of the tree line and saw a horrific site. Warriors laid on the ground in pain, no long about to move after the fight with their leader, who was standing in the midst of it all. Not looking the slightest bit of drained or worried.