Chapter 41

Alex's POV

It's been a few weeks since I accepted their majesties as my mates and ever since, it's been such a blast and heavenly blissful.

I've been spending time with them, one on one or sometimes two on one, going on dates and learning about them.

Emma isn't really a talkative person to strangers and is on the quiet, shy side. Since she has so much paper work to do for the aftermath of the war, she doesn't have much free time to do anything she enjoys so whenever I find out she's free, I like to drag her out to the gardens and tell her all types of flowers she had there. She seems to enjoy it. If not, she hasn't told me off yet.

Jane is very lean back, she likes to ignore her duties unless one of us tells her to, which she then reluctantly does. Since she hates doing work, she spends most of her time with one of her mates. I think she enjoys our presence since she just sits there, watching until we go over to her and start talking about things.

Star is kind of like Jane but unlike her, she actually does her duties as queen. When she's not doing that, she's playing chess with me or taking me to the city to do some shopping with Eli's credit card. To be honest, she's definitely my favorite out of the five since we have a lot of similarities. One of them being collecting shiny things and hiding it in our rooms. She even took me to her cave where she hoards most of her things. My favorite thing is when she shifts into her dragon form, she's extreme warm so she's perfect to snuggle with and take a nap.

Taylor is really loud, hyper, and rough. I lost count on how many times the others told her to be gentle with me. She spends most of her time on the training grounds and because I'm a delicate butterfly that doesn't want or like to train, I just watch as she complete and vigorously beats her warriors to the ground. It's brutal to watch. But she also likes to play the piano which came as a huge surprise. I didn't think she had the patience to do such a difficult thing.

Lastly, Eli is a very terrifying, quiet woman that not many people will approach. Which I find ridiculous since it's always a pleasure to be around her, especially since she can use magic and do all sorts of tricks. She also likes to paint and cook for us. And oh my goddess is her cooking amazing! Every Saturday night, we all come together and let Eli cook us dinner. It's my favorite time of the week.

Oh, and I've been ordered to stop calling them their majesties and just call them by the name which I'm still getting used to.

I've also been spending some time with my wolf. She's fun to talk too. It's even more fun when I get to shift into my wolf form and run around the woods and not get in trouble by it. Sometimes Emma and Taylor join me.

It's been painful the first few more times I shifted but after a while, my body got used to it and it no longer hurts that much. The only thing I don't like is listening as my bones snap. It makes me gag.

My friends have been visiting a lot too, even Liz even though the pack is hours away even with the short cuts. Nini's hounds come by too but rarely. Whenever they come and I'm around Eli, they get all nervous and keep their distance.

I asked Eli about it and she just laughed and patted my head, telling me that lower rank demons don't normally associate with higher rank ones so they're just uncomfortable with being around her. Seems reasonable enough so I left it at that.

Other than that, I've started getting weird dreams about a white haired man, fire surrounding him as he held a knife, blood dripping down it. A wicked, sinister grin as he stared at me.

Just thinking about it sends shivers down my spine. Every time I dream about him, I freeze up, unable to move as his loud, crazy laughter fills my ears. My goddess, the panic attacks when I wake up are horrible. Sometimes, I wake up from that nightmare all sweaty and be unable to go back to sleep.

My mates found out soon enough and asked if I wanted to sleep with one of them, switched every two days so they each had a turn. I happily agreed.

The nightmares lessen but when I do get one, my mates are there to comfort me and help me through it. I'm so thankful for them. I'm happy they didn't reject me.

I haven't let them mark me yet, but I'm still glad they're there for me. It feels like, nothing can go wrong.

-

Author: Just a few more chapters left.