Chapter Sixty - Mermaids

"Let me go Damien, I dont have much time" I growled as he shook his head at me, "what the fuck is going on Lillian, why the fuck are you sneaking around pretending to be a fucking soldier" Damien growled as I fought against his grasp.

"Why the fuck can you never seem to leave me alone Damien. I cant fucking breathe with you around, constantly popping up where your not wanted" I said growing frantic, Damien stared deep into my eyes as he let me go and I grabbed the helmet,

"Something is wrong here, and I need to see it for myself, so you can come along, or you can go away and forget that you ever saw me here" I hissed as confusion filled his face at my panic. I quickly put the helmet on as the guard from earlier walked in and froze upon seeing us both in there.

"Soldier, you are wanted at the front gate, why are you bothering his highness?" The guard said as I quickly bowed my head and rushed away from Damien, however he gripped my arm stopping me.

"And why is it that you are sending soldiers out of the castle?" Damien questioned as the guard bowed, "I cannot say your highness, but you are more than welcome to ask your brother" he said as Damien let me go, his eyes piercing mine through the metal hood.

"Very well, lets go" he said as he carefully flicked his fingers, shadows crawling up on me within the armour as I let out a quiet scream. Damien watched me as he leant down,

"Do not panic, they are only there to cover your scent. There would be no chance of you getting anywhere with Brand being able to identify you, even under all that armour" he said pushing past as I let out a sigh, the shadow's dancing delicately across my body as I tried to ignore them caressing my most intimate parts.

That prick was doing that on purpose.

I could sense a smug smile on his face as I growled rushing towards the gate, Brand and other soldiers waiting patiently for us.

"Brother, what a surprise, I hadn't expected you to join us, please feel free to come along" Brand said as Damien frowned, "what are you going on about Brand?" He said as Brand chuckled, "We have some parasites in our land, I would be glad for your help to get rid of them" Brand said as Damien folded his arms,

"Does Lillian know about this?" Damien questioned as Brand sighed, "This is something that doesn't concern Lillian, there are things she does not need to know about brother" Brand replied calmly as I tried to contain the anger building up within me.

"Very well, lets go" Damien said as he shot me a quick look before we mounted our horses and set off out the gate. I rode quietly behind Brand and Damien as I felt my stomach turn at where we were heading, and what was waiting for us.

"What is waiting for us out there brother?" Damien asked vaguely as I held my breath at his words, the shadows wrapping tightly around my upper thighs as I grit my teeth, shuffling uncomfortably on top of my horse.

"The lower species have taken it upon themselves, to rally up brother, the fairies and mermaids are now banding together, upon hearing the word that the Erebus had begun to walk this earth once more, seeking to remove me from the throne and place Lillian upon there alone. Something I shall not let happen" Brand said as I froze on my horse,

What the fuck, Brand was hunting down the other species and removing them, all so he would remain unchallenged? If he had just spoken to me, no of this would be a worry. I didn't want to steal his throne, or see him usurped. I just wanted peace, that's all I've ever wanted.

As we reached a clearing I saw a bunch of women on the ground, soldiers surrounding them as I felt sick to my stomach, the horses halted as Brand motioned us to step off our horses and we slowly walked up to the women on the ground.