Chapter 10- Marella

I didn't know what to think. I slammed my imparter down on my bedside table, grabbing the nearest thing I could find, a picture of my mom, my dad and me. I proceeded to throw it across the room, as I laid down on my bed, screaming into the pillows. Eventually I flipped myself over panting heavily. I couldn't even tell how I felt about Linh. I knew I loved her, but right now... I kind of hated her. Then in my head fragments and pieces of an idea. I remembered Linh wasn't the only voice I'd heard. There'd been her mother's, telling her to do something. "What if Linh still loved me?" I thought to myself.

I shook it off. No. We'd broken up. We were over. I turned onto my back, sighing. Jesus, Linh. I thought to myself. You're not making things easy for me, are you?

~TIME SKIP~

I woke up early, hopping into a hot shower, and running my favourite Christmas-y shampoo through my hair. I threw on my Foxfire uniform, and spent some time detailing my eyelids with flecks of gold eyeliner. I shoved a Pop Tart in my mouth, and kissed my mum goodbye.

"Going to school now!" I shouted up the stairs. "Love you guys!" Then I stood under the Leap Master, shouted "FOXFIRE!" and let myself get swept away in the light beaming down.

Once I was at Foxfire I immediately spotted Linh, and I started walking in the other direction. Not wanting to be near her because it would be very awkward. As I was walking I slammed right into Fitz

"Sorry" I said sheepishly

"It's fine. Congrats on you and Linh!" He smiled. "I got you guys matching bracelets. Now you can join the club. He held up his wrist, and I knew that Tam had one too. This must have been the club Fitz was talking about. He handed me a beautiful orange-and-red bracelet. "I also have one for Linh!" he said, looking pretty proud of himself.

"Thanks" I muttered awkwardly, racing away as fast as I could. I shoved the bracelets into my bag.

I didn't want anyone to know we broke up. It would cause way too much drama. Unfortunately, when the lunch bell rang, I saw a bunch of worried looks coming from our table.

Fitz looked me straight in the eye. "Why didn't you tell me you guys broke up?" He asked, sounding upset. "I saw you this morning!"

"Uhhh." I fidgeted with my new bracelet. "Well... I wasn't trying to keep it a secret. But how do you all know?" I ask, getting defensive. Then I see Tam look guiltily away, and I know. "Never mind" I said, shooting him a glare. "I'll talk to you later," I muttered angrily to him. Linh isn't here yet. Good. I don't want to face her. Then a wave of dread washed over me. Our ability session