8

Maximilian

When I woke up, Luna was no longer beside me. Last night, she slept beside me because she didn't want to sleep on the dog bed I bought. She probably prefers being hugged.

Himala, walang nangyaring gulo kagabi. Did you expect it to happen again, Max? Hell no.

I put on my fitted black tank top so that my tan skin and biceps are clearly visible. I'm just wearing shorts since I'm only here in the condo.

Saan pala siya natulog? I didn't realize that I fell asleep before her last night.

I saw her putting food in Luna's bowl while Luna freely wagged her tail.

"Sorry. She seemed hungry so I fed her," she said. I glanced at my wall clock and realized it was already noon.

I just nodded. "Saan ka natulog kagabi?" I asked while getting some water.

"Beside you? Oh, sorry, maybe you don't remember. You were even hugging me while Luna was at our feet. I woke up early because she was hungry."

Bigla kong naubo ang iniinom kong tubig. Ano daw? I was hugging her last night? Ako?! Hell no.

"What do you mean? I don't hug when I sleep—"

"Oh really, huh? You even talk in your sleep. You even said 'ang lambot' because your head was resting on my chest," she said with a smirk. I wanted to believe she was lying, but I was starting to believe her subtly.

"Hindi totoo yan! Baka unan lang yun!" Dipensa ko.

"Do you want proof?" She suddenly took out her phone. She pressed something and then suddenly showed me the phone where I was hugging her waist and my face was nestled between her chest, and the camera was elevated above us taking a picture of us both.

Parang natutuwa pa ata akong natutulog sa ganoong posisyon. What the hell?

"Amara, i-delete mo 'yan," I sternly ordered her, but she just smirked.

"It's our first picture together, and you look cute here while sleeping, so why should I delete it?"

"Marami tayong litrato, kaya burahin mo na lang 'yan," I insisted.

"Really? Baby pictures and pictures with our friends? Na-ah, I won't delete this," she said as she tried to move the phone away from me, but I attempted to grab it from her.

Siguro alam niya na kukunin ko kaya mabilis niya itong inilag sa akin.

"Parehas lang 'yun kaya akin na at buburahin ko," I insisted as I tried to take her phone, but she suddenly turned it off. It had a password, and I didn't know it. "Why don't you want to delete it, Luzshana?!"

"You only mention my last name when you're angry... are you angry at me, Max?"

"Isn't it obvious?! Delete it, Luzshana—"

"But you also mention my last name when we're in bed," my ears immediately turned red when she said that.

"Stop it, Luzshana," she moved her phone further away from me, making it harder for me to grab it. "Why don't you want to delete that damn picture, Luzshana?!" I was running out of patience because of her.

"Because it's our first picture, Max!" I was stunned. "In this picture, I felt again... that we love each other like... like we mean something to each other."