9. Rayaan

"Get up birdy. We are here." I nudged Diya's shoulders, her face was so calm, away from all the worldly worries, it almost made me mad at myself for disturbing her nap. Being a light sleeper, she immediately fluttered her eyes open before looking at her surroundings to remember where she was exactly.

"Let's go." She nodded her head sleepily, getting up, I placed her bag in her hands and took my laptop bag before we moved out. Since our luggage had been taken already, all we had to do was move our asses to the exit. Reaching there we were greeted with bright flashes and mics attempting to get shoved in our mouths. Several reporters, but same question. All they wanted was details of our marriage. Diya's eyes were squinted and if not for my hold she would have collapsed by now. Amidst the crowd my eyes fell on my bouncers who made their way towards us and began pushing the reporters off us. My hands tightened around Diya's waist as I guided her towards my Rolls Royce, through the swarm of reporters.

"God ! What was that ?" Letting out a loud-audible sigh, she slumped back on the seat and closed her eyes trying to even her breathing. Indeed it was a sudden attack. Who the fuck dared to leak the news of our arrival ? This was a close call.

"Diya-

"Diya ma'am, please give us a brief on your sudden marriage."
"Diya ma'am, why was the marriage a private ceremony ?"
"Rayaan sir, your words of never marrying turned out to be a lie ?"
"Rayaan sir, why did you marry Diya Ahuja out of so many options ?"

My words were interrupted by the simultaneous knocks on our windows and those annoying voices. Diya flinched and trapped her ears between her palms and closed her eyes. These fuckers.

"Are you waiting for when they'll break open the windows of my car ?" Gritting my teeth, I asked the driver who instantly started the engine and drove off from that chaotic scene. However Diya was still shaking with her eyes closed and there was only one way to calm her down.

Hug her.

This worked every time. Her phonophobia had reduced a lot since her childhood, but as the doctor said, it would take years to heal completely, leaving no trace. I held her close to me, as her face rested on my chest and my hands caressed her head.

(Phono-phobia= Is the fear of loud noises. The fear is most common in young children but may occur in adults as well. Some people are afraid only of very sudden loud noises, while others fear ongoing noise.)

"It's okay Birdy. Calm down. I'm here with you. See there is no noise or whatsoever. Open your eyes. Look at me." With each passing second, her breathing was becoming even and her grip was loosening. Soon she fluttered her eyes open and glanced up at me with her red eyes and puffy cheeks. Shit.

Once she realised our position, she distanced herself from me and wiped her cheeks and corrected her appearance. And it almost felt like she never cried. Her face was stoic as rock and no one would be able to make out had they not seen her cry.

"I-I'm sorry for breaking down like this. My phobia triggers very rarely and guess one of those rare days was today. Thank you for bearing my fucked up state for sometime." She looked in my eyes which showed nothing but sincerity. But I know, I only helped her as a human being and nothing else.

Giving her a curt nod, I connected my phone to my secretary for whatever that had to be done, now that I had arrived.

"Get that jerk in my basement while I reach. Make sure he is forced to confess before I make him do that myself. Alright. Also send me my schedule." I hung up on the call and closed my eyes preparing myself for coming back to square one after a good fifteen days holiday.

"Drop me to the studio on the way." Diya spoke with her eyes closed.

"You have a shoot today ?" I was curious for the first time for something that had to do with her (lies).

"No. A recording. A new song is coming up, so I decided to get it done beforehand and then continue with my duties as a CEO." She answered back, looking at me with her hazel eyes. Why were they so deep ? Nevermind.

"Alright." That's it till where we conversed before I dropped her off and visited my bungalow where my secret basement was set up. I missed this.

Reaching the basement, I was greeted with a bruised man. His eyes were drowsy from the pain he suffered for the past few hours and this was the time he would utter all the truths. My bodyguards had surrounded this place like walls and except them my secretary was the only one to be present there.

"So. Who the fuck gave you money to spout nonsense ?"

"Please leave me. I would never come back." He pleaded with his every part bleeding ferociously.

"I don't like it when someone doesn't answer what is asked. Especially when I am the one to ask." I grabbed his throat and jerked his head forwards.

"I-I cannot confess the name. They would kill me." So silly of him to think they wouldn't kill him after knowing he was tortured by me.

"Do you think I won't kill you ? Do you think you'll go alive even after not telling me the truth ? Hell, you would face a much cruel death. You would wish to die every second you stay here. So if you're not willing to give in, let me start with my methods yeah ? Where should we begin from ? Peeling your nails or your hair, or breaking your teeth ? Or-

"I'LL REVEAL. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME." Some people just don't deserve good treatment.

"Should've said earlier. I wouldn't have wasted my time."

*******************************

Hey lovely people <3
Thank you for waiting. 

Giving you guys bits of baddie Rayaan ;) 

~Love 
  Shanaya