7. Rayaan

Her flustered state was so damn cute and innocent, it nearly got me to my knees. While thinking about her I never realised a smile made its way to my lips. Suddenly I felt a hand on my forehead making me flinch.

"Are you having a fever ?" It was Diya. Clad in a beige coloured crop top and chocolate coloured baggy pants. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and even with zero make up she has the control to get a man begging for her.

"Hey !" Her hands waved in front of me, which I swiftly seized and pulled her beside me on the bed.

"Even if I have, what would you do dear wife ?" She is just an open book. Her flushed cheeks were an example.

"C-call the doctor. Are you dumb ?" Pulling her hand out of my grip she went towards the mirror to apply her vermillion.

"Get ready now. I'm hungry." She stated without looking at me.

"No one gives me orders Mrs.Singhania." I helped her wear the nuptial chain.

"Mr.Singhania's personal hell does." She pushed me towards the bathroom while giggling merrily and for a moment it felt I had everything. But as soon as the water droplets dripped on me, I got my senses back. She may be my wife, but before everything she's Raj's criminal, his killer. I should never make peace with her nor let her live in peace. Even though I can't bring him back, I can surely make her days sufferable.

Few minutes passed, definitely less than how much time Diya took, and got ready. My fit was somewhat casual yet official. A black shirt with the first three buttons undone, paired with black jeans. My hair was never a headache for me. Something which I usually left untouched. Entering the room, my sight was blessed with an annoyed Diya who was unable to tie her sandals. Old habits never change. Chuckling, I moved towards her and bent down on my knees. Her hands halted where they were as she looked up at me with a questioning yet surprised expression. Of course, again I am behaving like a bipolar freak. But now that I'm on my knees, let me help her out. Tying the hooks of her stelatoes, I got up and cleared my throat.

"Let's go now. We haven't eaten anything." I just let out the words with no control on them.

"You are looking pretty." Because obviously my mind wasn't thinking straight. What the fuck is wrong with you Singhania ?

"Uh thanks ?" She replied with a hint of hesitation. And that's it. I dashed off the room before we could exchange some more words or before I spit out some more rubbish. I straight away moved towards the lounge and reserved a table before ordering mine and her favourites. Years have passed, but I still remember her each and every like and dislike. And if anyone asks why, I don't know the answer. Maybe because the person I hate the most now, was once the person I had seen my life in. My thoughts were disrupted when the waiter placed all the dishes before me and bowed before leaving. Where is she ? And just then she entered, while speaking with a—- GUY ! Who the fuck is he ?

They soon approached the table where I was sitting and Diya sat down before motioning him to take the seat beside her.

"Adi, that's my husband Rayaan Singhania. Unfortunately." She muttered the last word under her breath but still loud enough to be heard by me. I coughed to make her aware of her surroundings before shooting a glare towards her.

"Uhm I mean yeah. Well Rayaan, he was my senior in college. And now is the CEO of Gupta Associates." She introduced that failed lab experiment to me.

"Ah. Mr.Gupta. Nice to meet you. I'm guessing we have our meeting tomorrow right ?" I shook hands with him. So he is that bastard because of whom, we have to rush back to Mumbai. Guess the deal is no more, now that I know how often Diya will see him, once I sign the deal.

"Nice to meet you too Mr.Singhania. Diya told me about your wedding today. Congratulations ! But why are you guys leaving so soon ? Are you a workaholic Mr. Singhania ?" He laughed at his own joke and so did Diya. Does she find this joker funny ? I scoffed and faked a smile, controlling all my urge to not bang this fucker's head right here. And his hands around Diya's chair are not helping at all.

"If not for your meeting we wouldn't have had to take this step. I heard you declined even a day delay for our meeting with you Mr. Gupta ?" His smile died and he removed his hands from her chair before straightening his posture.

"W-well that's because I have to take care of my fiance for a date the next day. You know I don't neglect such duties." He smirked thinking he won the argument. Poor him.

"Oh is that so. Wait a second." Taking out my phone, I dialled my secretary's number.

"Good evening Sir ! How may I help you ?" Came Shreyansh's voice from the other side.

"What was the exact reason why Mr. Gupta couldn't postpone our meeting ? Can you just explain your convo with him." Aditya had begun sweating by now. You don't mess with me.

"Sir, that was because he said he had to attend an all boys party with his friends the very next day. He also said that if we don't hold the meeting on the designated day then he would not do the deal with us and also spread rumours about you being unprofessional." Shreyansh completed and with a satisfied smirk I ended the call.

"I guess I have to leave. My fiance is calling, you see." Aditya left the place within the next second.

"What was that for ?"

"For messing with me and trying to flirt with you openly darling.Let him know whom you belong to." 

************************************

Guys am sorry ! 
But you know school is messing up with me. 
However I promise to upload one chapter every week. Even if not on Friday, you'll get one new chapter within every 7 days !

Thank you for having patience with me <3

~Love 
  Shanaya