8. Diya

Wah. I can't believe he really was on the edge to smash Shreyansh's face and even cancelled the deal. And Shreyansh ? How the fuck did I never notice him being an asshole ? Knowing I had been friends with such a jerk since the past five years is irksome.

I was pretty much cursing him and myself while listening to Liar- Camilla Cabello, when Rayaan shook me holding my forearm.

"What ?" I put down the volume of the song, to get a clearance of what he was speaking.

"Let's go." He motioned towards the VIP gate that opens twenty minutes prior to the boarding time. Nodding, I rose from my seat and followed him while surfing through my bag to get a hold on my boarding pass. Now that I am going through my bag, I realise how crowded it is. There are so many useless things in here, which I never used even once. I panicked when my hand couldn't get a hold of my pass even when I had surfed almost through my bag. I stopped at a place at a distance from the gate and began my surfing process again.

Rayaan must've felt my absence, cause now he was standing right before me with the most annoyed look ever seen.

"Why ? Do you like the airport too much to stay here ?" He ran his hands through his tousled jet black hair. I didn't look up at him, his cinnamon like fragrance was enough to let me know our proximity.

"I can't find my boarding pass damnit." I was getting frustrated each passing second. Scared. Panic was clearly visible on my face now. He snatched the bag from my grip and began rummaging through my stuff in the bag.

"Why the fuck would you have a whole supermarket in your bag and not anything that is important ?" Annoyance marked his tone. Told ya.

"Might not be important to you but they are important to me." Who the hell does he think he is to judge me and my preferences.

"There you go. God ! Please assemble your bag once we reach home. It's a cluster there." Handing me my boarding pass he moved towards the exit as I followed him. Weird. Why didn't I find it ?

Soon we were on the flight, ready to take off. My hands were sweating already, even after being used to all these take off(s), my heart beat never cooperated with me. I shut my eyes tightly, and my hands gripped on either side of the grab bars. My acrophobia hit me up straight and my head began spinning.

"Take a deep breath and try to calm yourself down. Baahar mat dekho. Look at me Diya." I just couldn't control any part of mine anymore. It seemed my body was just not under my guidance. Not being able to do what he said, I just nodded my head. But a sudden turbulence was all it took before tears betrayed my eyes. Never had this happened before. I have faced worse, but not a single tear was shed. Why the heck am I being so vulnerable before Ray ? What if he thinks I'm a weakling? What if he again jokes at me about my condition ? What if-

"Fucking look at me Diya ! Stop letting your fear take control over your body. Remember you told me that you're not weak. Then why are you being one now ?"

—-----------------------------------------------------------

"I am scared Rayaan. I can't go up there. Have you even looked at the height from which we'll be thrown down. What if the rope loosens even a bit ? We'll come crashing down like F1 cars dude. I can't die yet." My voice was timid yet rebellious. I was too scared to try bungee jumping. Especially when it was confirmed that I have a fear of heights.

"Don't be a weakling Diya. Look at Sana. She is going there too. Come on, don't be scared. Be brave like her." Rayaan's words added fuel to the fire that was already burning me within.

"I. AM. NOT. A. WEAKLING. And if you are so invested in her, why don't you guys go ahead? I'll go with Aditya. At least he wouldn't throw rude comments on me." Stomping my feet, I turned my heels away from Rayaan only to have him yelling my name.

—-----------------------------------------------------------

My eyes shot open and I looked at Rayaan whose eyes held nothing but the utmost concern and worry for me. When did we go from making jokes about each other's weaknesses to calming each other while they fight their fear ? When did we grow up so much ? Everything feels like yesterday. Me, Rayaan and Aditya. Where did we go wrong ? Whom did we upset to have our tables turned in the worst way possible ?

He pulled me towards him, making me crash on his hard chest. My head was now on his shoulders and his hands wrapped around mine. I didn't care to wipe my tears off, and closed my eyes finding solace in his warmth which I once did. Knowing this was the only time we are together without any acting or shit. We aren't being false to each other. We aren't trying to hide whatever we have been for these years. And we definitely are not faking our emotions to gain sympathy.

"It's so weird to have things not go how you wished they would. It's so weird to digest the fact that we are married under the most unfortunate circumstances. And it's so weird to know we won't be the same once we land. Why is it the people who love the most have to hurt the most ?" Rayaan's heart beats were ringing like a song in my ears, and my eyes were falling. His warmth, his comfort and him were enough to have me hypnotised.

"It sure is Diya. But this is what life is. The turns we never expect are the ones we are greeted by first. Now sleep. You are pretty much tired from the ceremony. We have some time before we reach. Good night darling." And that's it when my eyes finally dropped and darkness consumed me. Too tired to process the words he uttered. But I know they must have made sense. 

*************************************

Ayo loves <3 
Sorry for keeping you guys waiting ! 
Here is our queen's POV. 

~Love 
  Shanaya.