11. Ball of Unicus

Music recommendation: 'Collide' by Justine Skye, Tyga 

Shakti sat among the thirty newcomers, who were asked to visit the auditorium, on the exclusive order from the heads of the institution. Each of them was as curious and confused as she was. Perhaps, they were as ignorant as her about the method of sorting.

'Will there be a magical hat that will sort them into respective houses?', at this thought, Shakti's lips twitched and threatened to break into a grin.

The interior of the auditorium was no less magnificent than the exterior of the gigantic auditorium. The floor was of marble and the whole interior was colored in white glossy paint. The ceiling was decorated with beautiful chandeliers and the walls had expressive paintings.

The university was really over the top when it came to designing and marveling its structures. But what was the use of creating such humongous buildings, when they hardly admitted thirty to forty students each year?

In that context, Shakti was baffled to see that she was among those thirty students who managed to crack the admission test among, perhaps, thousands of candidates. She went into momentary shock after seeing merely thirty students sitting on the cushioned seats of the auditorium.

Shakti knew that she was intelligent but she never imagined that she was this smart. She tried to suppress her smugness and be humble about it.

'I feel that luck was on my side', thought Shakti while scratching the back of her head with a little grin.

Presently, everyone was waiting for the masters and mistress to arrive and announce their respective houses. Mr. Smith was standing at the podium positioned at the right side of the stage, with a serious expression, assessing every student sitting in the auditorium with the precision of an eagle.

Then, they came, the Heads of the institution, with the grace of years of experience and charismatic confidence, walking down the aisle between the seats, towards the stage, to sit on the four high seats kept for them to occupy. All the students stood up to pay respect to the heads.

Zagros Peterson led the rest, with his head held high and a mysterious smirk playing at the corner of his lips. A look of haughtiness was prominent on his attractive face and his black hair was gelled and set with not one strand out of place, highlighting his sharp features. Shakti had noticed his appearance yesterday but she was too nervous to look beyond his sharp look of disapproval.

Though it did feel weird to Shakti to appreciate the master's looks, given that he was one of the Heads, it didn't stop from anyone from acknowledging a well-established fact. A few girls around her stared at the man with their mouths open.

'Close your mouths ladies, or a fly might enter', Shakti sighed.

The second person to enter was Bernice Lopez, the 2nd Mistress of Quantum Potente. She had a strict expression on her pale, gorgeous face. Her straight hair cascaded down her back, till her waist, and her fringes were beautifully adorning her forehead. Below her navy blazer, she wore a crisp shirt, paired with a pencil skirt that reached her knees. All of it heightened her 'No nonsense and only business demeanor' more for others not to dare mess with her.

Next came 3rd master, Stanley Blackwell. He had a cold and bored expression as if he was here against his will. His handsome face had a deep frown and his eyes were intimidating. His blonde hair was short and edgy and a deep scar ran across his left eyebrow. The rugged appearance would have been enticing if he didn't have a subtle glare in his eyes which would make any admirer turn in the opposite direction.

Last to enter was the 4th Master, Frederick Murphy, with a kind expression and lots of charm. His olive skin tone and bright golden eyes were so enticing, that she couldn't blame the girls drooling for him. His unique golden, cat-like eyes were magnetic and gorgeous. Though each of them had their share of good looks, Master Murphy's kind smile made him the most approachable and desirable man to everyone present there.