|19|

Drew was slightly jittery the next day, only half able to focus on her work. The team that had recently landed in Malaysia was made up of high ranking and highly decorated soldiers who had years of experience under their belt doing such work.

But it didn't mean nothing could go wrong.

The second team—the one for Japan, was on stand-by, watching their target in case the mission was compromised and they needed to act.

The 141 would also be watching the bunker, ready to move in in the off chance that they were alerted and wanted to flee.

But they had hours until then.

Hours to sit in the office and worry.

She wondered if she was the only one who was tentative. She didn't like not being involved in such a delicate operation, and although it made sense that she stayed behind, she would have been significantly more relaxed had she been able to be on the team.

Instead, she was in the meeting room, her chair tucked close to the table as she reviewed a number of leads. They were all going in circles through, none of them manifesting into anything important.

The rest of the 141 was in there as well, working on their own assignments, although based on Soap's constant shifting, he wasn't very focused. Drew did her best to ignore it, how he'd crack his neck every few minutes, how his chair would creak, how his knee would shake, causing his boot to squeak.

She'd sent him a few pointed looks over the last few minutes, but he was staring at the computer and remained oblivious to her annoyance.

Then he let out a sigh.

Her head snapped to him, "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, Soap, go for a run and get your damn energy out," she stated as she leaned back in her chair.

Gaz looked up from his computer, chuckling a little as he nodded in agreement.

"Oh, someone's got their knickers in a twist," Soap chuckled.

"You won't stop moving," she pointed out.

"She's not wrong," Ghost agreed.

"At least you've got something interestin' to do, I've reviewed the damn audio and video; nothin's happenin' at that bunker."

She rolled her eyes as she slumped in her chair a little. "I've got nothing too. Information has hit a wall, so I'm goin' round trying to make connections."

"We should take a break," Soap suggested while shutting his computer. "I've got one of the boys watching as well anyways."

She nodded, eyes flashing down to the time. They'd brought lunch to the office and ate as they worked, so they hadn't stopped since eight that morning. The time spent stationary also did a number on her spine, the ache making her feel like she needed a rolling pin to push everything back into place. "I'm game. Anything to get me out of this damn chair."

"Mikkola," Soap called, getting the attention of the soldier, "the gym open now?"

He nodded. "Yes, it's open until eleven in the evening. I can bring you over if you'd like?"

"That'd be great," Soap nodded. "You comin' lass?"

She let out an airy hum of appreciation, "That sounds perfect."

Ghost's eyes snapped to hers, but he didn't say anything.

"You boys coming?" he then asked Gaz and Ghost.

They both agreed before the group of them moved out of the room and made the short walk to the barracks to change.

Thanks to Ghost, she had to be careful about what she wore for the next few days; but even then none of her gym attire had particularly high necks.