|17|

Her mind was reeling as she slipped back into her room, knees still slightly weak.

Did they...

How did it even get to that point?

Fuck, how had he made her act like that? She'd never...

"Holy fuck," she breathed, running a hand through her hair.

She needed a shower, maybe a nap still... and shit, she'd never gotten her coffee.

Her brain was occupied as she made her way down the hall and into the showers, thoughts constantly going back to what had occurred in his room.

Even when she made her way back, eating her makeshift breakfast and organizing a list for packing, half of her thoughts were elsewhere. Like the hickeys that she would have to cover with long necked shirts and make up for the next few days.

But she didn't care because it was just so good.

God, she was like a school girl; she should be able to get on with her day... but fuck, she apparently couldn't.

When she was finished eating, she opened her computer, reviewing the transcripts that Parker had sent her. He was right; there was nothing that stood out, but it was good to have. There's a chance conversations in the future could form some connections, but they'd have to wait and see.

Without anything to work on, she got to packing, rolling and tucking everything she needed into her duffle. Their equipment and tech was being packed for them thankfully, so she only had to worry about herself.

It wasn't long before she was finished, leaving her with the rest of the afternoon to relax.

Or think.

Drew chucked her duffle into the bed of the truck Soap had left in front of the barracks, letting out a puff as she went around the side to lean beside Gaz.

"Hey, feeling better?" he asked.

She held back a chuckle and nodded. "Much; got a nap and coffee," she explained.

And two orgasms...

But she wouldn't be mentioning those any time soon. "So really, how was your mission?"

"Boring. Soap was trying to pass time with jokes, but he's worse than Ghost."

"Must have been pretty terrible then," she chuckled.

He nodded, "It was... Normal recon mission otherwise; not much to do and not enough information. What about yours?"

"Hmm, well it was reiterated that I have terrible communication skills," she huffed. "We were setting up surveillance when a shipment came in. I saw the opportunity to bug some of their tech, but Ghost was less than pleased because I didn't have time to tell them what I was doing... but it was safe and worth it considering we're moving in now."

He looked over at her, a brow raised. "You just went ahead with it?"

"Yes..."

"You have a team for a reason, Daisy."

"I know," she agreed airily, "I was just in the moment; I saw the opening and took it."

"And in that time you couldn't have let them know?"

"I could have," she relented. "I know I have to work on communication; I'm used to being on teams where people just act to get shit done... I'm trying to do better."

"You'll get a hang of it... But Ghost gave you a hard time?"

"Oh, he went full drill instructor on me; yelled, punished me by making me walk in front of him in the snow, the whole experience."