One Last Time

That same afternoon, as the sun began to set and shadows lengthened through the orphanage corridors, Sejanus found Aurora sitting in the garden between the student apartments, lost in thought.

Sejanus sat beside her, gazing at the horizon. "I have clues about who might have framed us both with that graffiti at school."

Aurora raised her eyebrows, surprised and intrigued. "Clues? What did you find out?"

"Well, I was talking to some friends, and one of them mentioned seeing Clemensia being called into Dr. Gaul's office that day. He couldn't hear her conversation, but he was sure he saw her there."

Aurora nodded with a serious look. "Actually, I already had my suspicions about Clemensia. Her being in that room with us was no coincidence."

A gentle breeze blew, bringing with it a sense of calm and tranquility. There they were, side by side, immersed in their own thoughts, yet together in their determination to unravel the mystery that surrounded them. They exchanged glances for a moment, sharing a silent connection that transcended words. There was no need to say anything more; their hearts understood all that needed to be said.

Suddenly, a heavy silence settled between them, a sense of farewell hanging in the air. Aurora felt a tightness in her chest, an inexplicable intuition that something was about to change, but she dismissed it, pushing away the dark thoughts. Aurora's mind wandered among recent memories.

Flashback on

"He gets involved with Lucy Gray. A romance that seems destined, but things fall apart when Lucy discovers Coriolanus's role in the death of Sejanus Plinth, his best friend. Unknowingly, he sealed Sejanus's fate by denouncing him to the Capital."

Aurora swallowed hard, feeling the weight of betrayal and tragedy. And a bitter taste arose in her mouth at the thought of Coryo with Lucy Gray. "He... he betrayed his own friend?"

The woman nodded with sorrow. "Coriolanus's past haunts him, and the shadow of Sejanus looms over him. Lucy Gray, upon discovering the truth, cannot overcome the betrayal. Their relationship crumbles, leaving Coriolanus with the weight of his choices."

Flashback off

"Sejanus, I want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what happens," said Aurora, her voice laden with sincerity. "We will get through this together, as we always have."

Sejanus nodded, his gaze conveying a mix of determination and tenderness. "I know, Aurora. And I will be by your side, no matter where fate takes us." Aurora smiled in response and hugged her friend from the side.

"Remember when Clemensia spilled champagne on me at that ball?"

Sejanus nodded with a slight smile. "How could I forget? It was one of those moments that stays in memory." Aurora laughed softly, recalling the scene.

"I think, at that moment, my dress was wetter than a sponge. But you, with your handkerchief, came to my rescue like a true knight in shining armor," Aurora completed in an ironic and passionate tone.

"I would do it all over again in a heartbeat," said Sejanus sincerely. "You're amazing, Aurora. And, even though we face tough times, I know we can always count on each other."

The evening breeze gently caressed their faces, bringing with it a comforting sense of companionship and friendship. For Aurora and Sejanus, that moment was a vivid reminder of their deep connection, an anchor of support amid the uncertainty that surrounded them.

"Thank you, Sejanus. For everything," said Aurora, her eyes shining, no, she couldn't cry now.

Sejanus furrowed his brow slightly, noticing the sudden change in Aurora's mood. Damn, she was already crying.

"Why are you crying?" he asked, concerned.

"It's hard to make friends in this place," replied Aurora, her voice choked with emotion. It was safer not to reveal the true reasons for her sadness, the dark secrets she kept in her heart.

They embraced, sharing a moment of comfort and mutual strength. There were no words to express the special bond they shared. Yet, deep in their hearts, they knew that the shadows of fate hovered over them, ready to unravel the fragile fabric of their happiness.

As Aurora and Sejanus shared that intimate moment of friendship, a silent shadow observed from a distance. Coriolanus, heading to his apartment, unintentionally found the two embracing in the garden, a knot of discomfort forming in his throat. Watching Aurora and Sejanus in that embrace triggered a turbulence of emotions within Coriolanus. A persistent question echoed in his mind: Could Sejanus be the ideal match for Aurora?