During the Storm

Aurora was searching for her pen while thinking about her previous moment with Coriolanus. Had she left it in the classroom? She decided to go back and look for it.

When she entered the room, she looked around where she had previously sat and found the pen. She bent down to reach it and heard the classroom door opening. She turned and saw Clemensia with a neutral expression.

"You're so dull," she said with an impatient tone.

"Clemensia," Aurora greeted, raising an eyebrow. "What do you want?"

Clemensia approached slowly, sporting a fake smile. "I was just thinking, Aurora. You know, about why Coriolanus has gotten so close to you these last few days."

"If you came here to discuss my friendship with Coryo, save your time," Aurora retorted, standing up.

Clemensia's forced laughter echoed. "Friendship? Please, Aurora. Everyone knows you're eyeing the Snow surname. Now the question is: why would he want to get involved with you?"

"You're hurting because he wants nothing to do with YOU," Aurora mocked, laughing.

"Get real, girl. Look at me and look at you. You may have money and your father's memory may be respected, but you'll never stop being of district origin," the girl spat the words as if Aurora had never heard them before.

Aurora didn't care what Clemensia thought of her. But she didn't like to come out on the bottom in any fight.

"And yet he prefers to be with me," Aurora simply said.

"Is he sleeping with you?" Clemensia asked as if trying to embarrass Aurora in some way.

"You're delusional," Aurora replied, rolling her eyes. "He and I are just friends, nothing more."

Clemensia's annoying laughter echoed. "Friends? Why would he be your friend if he has me?"

Aurora frowned. "You're overestimating yourself, Clemensia. Coryo isn't as superficial as you."

Clemensia came closer, whispering venomously. "You think you know everything about him? I've known him for years, Aurora. And what do you have? A dubious reputation and a suspicious interest in the Snow name."

Aurora's irritation grew. "You're making things up, Clemensia. None of what you're saying is true."

Clemensia let out a fake laugh. "Let's see how long it takes for him to find out the truth about you, Aurora. And when he pulls away, don't say I didn't warn you."

The classroom door closed, leaving Aurora with a whirlwind of thoughts. She knew Clemensia was trying to plant seeds of doubt in her mind and undermine her relationship with Coriolanus. But on the other hand, she understood Clemensia's confusion, since they had been fighting like cat and dog for some time. Even she didn't understand the relationship between the two; he was handsome, intelligent, and with her, he was kind. She felt that there really could be something between them. But she was afraid that the boy was just manipulating her as he did with everyone around him.

She left the room and it was already night, she heard a familiar noise coming from the entrance. It sounded like... rain. Heavy rain. The girl panicked, the rain seemed much stronger than her umbrella that she always carried in her backpack. She seriously considered the choice of having to face the heavy rain or wait for it to pass. Her conversation with Clemensia had stolen her chances of going home dry. She thought about her notebooks and whether she could save them when she took her umbrella. She took a few steps with confidence, but obviously, her life was not so easy. When she was almost halfway to the school exit, the rain decided to increase in intensity and joined the wind.