Chapter 28: Realization

"Vivian! You are zoning out again!" Lily snapped her fingers making me come out of the trance

"Sorry... I just... I was just thinking." I reply shaking my head trying to stop thinking.

"Thinking about what?" Ava asked as she walked towards us with two cups of coffee.

She placed one in front of me, I quietly thank her.

"Nothing special, just a few things. Anyways, we should go to shopping, shouldn't we? " I ask trying to change the topic.

"We will go to shopping. Now answer my question." Ava questioned me. Her eyes hardened and i knew not to piss her off.

"From past four days you've been so silent. I swear you've never been this silent. Talk to us Vivian! We are your friends, we need to know!" Ava's voice rose, I pressed my lips into a thin line.
"You are still thinking about that goddamn party, aren't you?" She shook her head.

"Ava! Shh.." Lily silenced her.

"Listen, Kyle is a asshole! Okay? You liked him so much and he pretended to like you too! I still remember the time you were drunk! He indirectly confessed that he liked you and now he goes kissing that bitch as if your feelings don't matter?! I swear to God, I will punch him in his balls the next time I see him!" Ava bursted. Her face was going red slightly which concerned me.

"Okay, alright. Please calm down! We're in public, remember?" I explain as I pass the water bottle to her.

She drank a few sips and we fell into silence.

I stare at my friends and feel guilty for ignoring them from the past four days.

Honestly, I didn't want to talk about it.
But now I feel like I should. Mom and dad are quite worried about me since the night Alex dropped me home.

They tried to talk to me but I didn't want to. I even skipped school which made them even more concerned.

"I am sorry for making you guys worry. But I just wanted to be alone and think about it." I break the silence.

"Its okay, Vivian. I understand, do you want to talk about it now?" Lily asked softly as she rubbed my hand tenderly.

"Well, just making it clear that it was Kimberly who kissed kyle. Not the other way around. I don't know I felt so hurt that I wanted to go out. I felt suffocated watching them." I spoke,

I felt so pathetic.

"I am okay now!" I laughed. But it didn't sound real. I stopped laughing when I saw the expressions of my friends.

"I will be okay..." I correct.

Ava sighed, "I am sorry, Vi for snapping and getting pissed. I was concerned and you went silent. It made me frustrated." I smile at her, a genuine one and waved off saying that it was okay.