Compromise

Author's POV...

"Stoppp.....that's enough...I know it's my fault and I am sorry ....truly I am sorry"

Thulir apologized sincerely...he just stared at her plainly she couldn't articulate what he was thinking...

"I know I've caused you a lot of pain, and at the time, I was at a loss for what to do. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, I couldn't accept or reject anything. The night you confessed your love, I was overwhelmed with shock and surprise, yet a part of me also felt joy. However, everything fell apart when I learned the next day that Aadhavan had left home without informing anyone, and I was the last person he had spoken to. Unsure of how to react, especially knowing you were also in turmoil, I distanced myself from everything, hoping it would help clear my mind. Instead, it led me into a deeper abyss. I acknowledge my mistake now, I was in a confused and troubled state, unable to determine what was right or wrong. I was frightened to make a decision, so I took the easy way out by ignoring it, but this only ended up causing pain to both you and me.....

You might question me about this sudden change of mind....it is just that I realized this hiding game is not giving me any peace neither to the people who love me...I can't act like I am alright to my family that hurts every time when I say I am fine to my Appa...I can't fool myself anymore...

I know and I accept the fact that I love you....I love you madly  

And yes I am selfish to come and ask you to love me back when I gave you a hell lot of reasons not to and give up on me which you eventually did......But I want you back at any cost and keeping al all this with me is not going to help me so I rushed here to meet you and dump all this hoping at least now I get some peace......

I won't compel you to accept me and love me .......but surely I will force you to forgive me....forgive me for hurting you.....forgive me for not cherishing  your love....forgive me for my foolishness of believing that I can survive and forget the feelings I have for you just by being away from you hurting myself and you in the process......please forgive me Agathiya.."

Tears streamed down her face, unhidden at the moment, while her focus remained on him, who was silent.

"Agathiya..."

She called out his name once more, yearning for an answer. He turned towards her, gently wiped away her tears, took a deep breath, and then spoke.

"You will be tired go and sleep Thulir....Good night "

He stood up, ready to leave, when she grasped his wrist, stopping him. He did not look back, nor did he shake off her hold.

"Did I become that much worthless in your life you don't even want to talk with me anymore....IF you are angry shout at me scold me but not this silence......Don't take revenge for my silence of past 5 years...These three months of silence from you have already hurt me enough....don't give me this silent punishment in person.....I know it is less compared to my 5 years ignorance.....but please don't"

Thulir pleaded him....

"Woah...Remember once you said you are the fortunate one in our generation ....how true that is you can choose which punishment you want and can make the person agree to that "

He looked down at her.. just as she was about to speak, he placed his index finger on her lips stopping her....Agathiyan signed and kneeled in front of her... 

"Fine ....If my forgiveness can give you peace then I will forgave you.....Happy now "

In the next moment, Thulir threw herself into his arms and hugged him tightly, he caught her securely, holding her close.