Part Two: Prologue

Loki didn't know what he expected or maybe he did. He knew that something would happen to him on Asgard. Punishment of some kind. He maybe thought that he would be allowed to walk to the palace with some level of dignity. Odin, though, had other ideas. The second he and Thor return to Asgard, the chains are snapped around him, his wrist, his ankles. Very much intending on making an example of him as he is lead through the city. Thor follows behind the small procession of guards that are escorting his brother. It is very clear that Odin is not taking any chances. The chances of Odin letting Loki of lightly seem to be very very small here. Thor just wants his brother back. And he has seen more of him in recent days than he has for years, and he is not willing to lose him again. Loki is his best friend as the humans would say. Thor wants to protest, Loki can read it on his face, but he doesn't. He knows that arguing right now will not aid Loki.

........

The doors to the throne room are opened as guards lead Loki, in chains, through them and towards the throne in the centre of the room where Odin sits waiting. Frigga, his dutiful wife standing at his side. Frigga takes a step closer before stopping.

"Loki" She greets. Loki looks at her and fights a soft smile. He is chained and being led on like a common prisoner, this is not a happy moment, no matter how much he loves his mother.

"Hello, mother. Have I made you proud?" He asks her.

"Yes, you have" She assures him, Loki looks at her, caught off guard by her admittance. He's confused and surprised by the statement but her eyes are soft on his face. He did the right thing in the end, of course, she is proud of him for realising his mistake, and attempting to fix it. Odin stands from his throne and Loki's eyes move to him.

"Father" Loki starts, but he can't help the bite to his tone, not ready to forgive what occurred, but he is working on it. He wants to defend himself here. But Thor beats him to it.

"Father" Thor starts, moving forward. "Loki aided in the defeat of the Chitauri, he aided the Midgardians..."

"Enough, Thor" Odin stops him and Thor clenches his jaw, stepping back. "I am aware" Odin offers softer this time. "But.." He looks at Loki. "Despite your moral awakening, you did lead the Chituari to Midgard in the first place...and I must be seen punishing you for your earlier actions" Odin voices, Loki understands this, he expected this. Punishment must come. "But until I decide just what to do with you, you will spend your time in the dungeons...." Loki glances at Frigga who gives him a look back, telling him to just take the punishment. That it will be easier on him to just go along with this. Doing the right thing, in the end, will help, but Loki must behave. Loki bites the inside of his mouth, trying to stop the sarcastic reply sitting on his tongue. "Take him away" Odin orders and the guards around Loki turn to him, one of them taking his arm to lead him away. Frigga moves to Thor and touches his arm.

"Tell me of the girl," She tells him, Thor smirks and looks at her. "This...Magix"

"Ah, mother, spying on us?" He teases a little.

"I am allowed to watch over my sons" She argues and loops her arm with his. "Come, tell me all about her whilst we collect some books to take to your brother"