Chapter Eleven

Loki paces his cell, waiting, plotting, planning. He's not about to let Astoria be treated like that simply for showing him kindness. He won't let her be treated that way. Then it hits him how fast he's shifted his stance. A day ago he didn't know this girl. He knew she existed but he had no idea who she was. Now he's ready to defend her honour? That's not like him at all. Or is it? He has no idea who he is anymore. He barely remembers who he was before what the Other did to him. Before the hatred and bitterness in him was pushed to the limit. Maybe he's remembering everything wrong. Maybe he's not that angry anymore. But he needs to get out of here if he is going to fix what he broke. He snorts to himself. He's trying to impress a sorceress by saving the world. Who knew he was that person? Someone wiggles a bit of exciting magic in his face and he's all over that. She spunky too, so that helps. He likes a sassy magical broad. He glances up as a man in Shield gear walks into the detention section and moves to the control panel. Ah. Perfect timing. Loki moves to the door as a few buttons are pressed and the door slides open with a hiss. Thor runs into the detention section where he finds Loki escaping.

"No!" Thor charges at his brother. Loki walks up to him and crouches down to attack. But Thor only goes through him. The false Loki dissipates into nothingness. The real Loki comes out from behind the cell door, which closes on Thor, locking him up. Loki smiles a little. That was way too easy.

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" Loki asks him with a smirk and then turns to the false agent. Thor, in a fit of anger, slams Mjolnir into the glass cell. To his surprise, the cell door only cracks, but violently shakes the whole helicarrier. Loki stands there in caution, as does his guarding soldier, but nothing happens. Loki lets out a relieved smile and walks over to the control panel. "The humans think us immortal. Should we test that?" Suddenly, Loki's guarding soldier drops like a tree. Behind him, Coulson is standing holding a prototype weapon.

"Move away, please" Loki moves away from the switch. "You like this?" Coulson asks. "We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does. Do you wanna find out?" Coulson asks. He then gasps as he is impaled through the heart by a dagger. The real Loki is standing behind Coulson.

"Nooo!" Thor yells, slamming his fist on the glass of the cell. Loki sets Coulson against the wall, he slumps down, breathing fast as Loki makes his way to the control switch. He gives his brother one last look. Thor looks at him, hopeful. Loki opens the hatch but Thor still hopes. Loki hits the button and drops Thor out of the ship. Loki moves to the edge and looks down through the clouds. He raises his hand and mocks a wave and then takes a step back. He closes the hatch and proceeds to leave but a weak voice stops him.

"You're gonna lose" Loki turns to look at Coulson.

"Am I?" Loki asks, cocking his head. He knows what he's doing here. He's more sure about this than anything else he's done. He believes that with Astoria they actually have a chance against what else is coming.

"It's in your nature" Loki moves closer to Coulson and then crouches, elbows resting on his knees.

"Maybe that's the plan" Loki offers. "Maybe your heroes need be ready for something so much worse than I....maybe this is a training exercise" Coulson frowns at him.

"But your brother...."

"He is extremely annoying" Loki points out and stands. "My apologies...stabbing is a force of habit. I am sure you will be fine" Loki adds and then pulls a face, suddenly unsure about that. But he walks away, leaving Coulson where he is.

.........

It's not hard to find Astoria, Loki just follows the stench of magic. It leaves a trail. Leads him right to the room she is being held in. He hears the sound of fighting. He raises an eyebrow, cocks his head and then leans against the wall waiting outside of the room. It doesn't sound like she requires assistance. The door is suddenly blown right off its hinges and flies towards him. Loki shifts slightly to the side to avoid it then looks at where the door is now embedded in the wall beside him before he looks at Astoria as she huffs and glares. That could have hit him in the face. He leans up and she just glares harder at him, her eyes glowing.

"You went back on your word" She scolds him.

"I told you exactly where Barton was" He points out. "Kept my word...." He argues. She huffs and shakes her head. She's not about to argue semantics with him right now. Her armour erupts down her arm followed by her sword, she holds it out towards him. She will fight him if need be. "Put that away" He holds his hand out at her and she scoffs and shakes her head. Unbelievable. He's after the sceptre from her. Of course, he is.

"No.....I think I'll keep it" She argues, he rolls his eyes.

"Keep the sceptre" He agrees. "I want your hand" She frowns at him. "Give me your hand" She doesn't know why he wants it but she pulls her sword back and gives him a weird look, searching to see if she can trust him. She knows she can't but she still places her hand into his, he turns and leads her away from the room she'd been held in.