V

"So it begins" Gigi said to Olivia and Chris as they walked lady through Hyde Park. Tonight was her and Harry's first "date" which included a sleepover at Kensington Palace. The press were already searching for "Harry's girl" due to  someone strategically placed in the crowd at a charity event asking him to marry them and him replying he was 'taken' the rumours were interesting though and surprisingly not all were blonde.
"What's the plan?" Chris asked
"Romantic dinner and then a sleepover at Kensington" she replied nonchalantly but inside she was freaking out.
"So you're finally losing it!! Our baby's growing up!"
"Shut up, you know it's not like that ... "
"Yeah we know" they said in unison
Gigi rolled her eyes, the park was busy today, the sun was shining and birds could be heard singing. "It still feels surreal though, to think be I'll be married this time next year. It's a lot"
"I can't believe you managed to swindle the diamond of your dad, it's a work of art"
Gigi laughed "yeah I know ... serves him right tho... I feel guilty for asking for it now, I really thought he'd tell me to get lost ... you should have seen the step monsters face... she was already mad about losing her favourite tiara"
"It's not like your family doesn't have others"
"Yeah but they're not as nice as the honeysuckle one. "
"We should really start looking at dresses" Olivia said
"No, there's all sorts of protocols we have to go through first and designers send in concepts or design ideas and we have to review them... it'll have to be a British designer too which is a shame because I always dreamed of wearing a custom Givenchy wedding gown"
"Really? You've got choices ... you could live your Carrie Bradshaw fantasy and wear a Westwood?" Chris suggested
"Could you imagine Vivienne Westwood designing a royal wedding dress? I don't know if I see it"
"I do, it would be iconic ... but a part of me feels like I should choose a young unknown designer... help start someone's career" Gigi said
"That's an idea but do you think they'd be able to handle it?"
"I'm not sure yet, I have started a Pinterest board... Im not sure if I want a cross between Princess Margarets and Grace Kelly's wedding dress or to something completely original... enough wedding talk... I don't want to be one of those girls" she said laughing
"Can I just say... I'm surprised your able to talk about the wedding at all when your set against it"
Gigi glared at Liv "I'm still against it ... besides you know I'm a planner ... it helps to part compartmentalise it and most girls dream about their weddings..."
         __________________________

It's was ten to eight and Chris was driving Gigi in her car to the restaurant for her "date" as she was too nervous.

"You got everything you need?" He asked trying to distract his best friend from her thoughts

"Some makeup, a toothpaste and a change of underwear... word from above is to be dropped off in the morning the same clothes" she sighed

"Ahh I suppose that make sense" he said which it did, it wouldn't make sense for Prince Harry to marry a virgin.  "Well you look beautiful" he said with a small smile

"Yeah" she said solemnly "that's my purpose from now on"

"Your purpose is to be you, no matter who you're married too... you're still Gigi don't forget that" he said as he pulled outside the Mayfair restaurant.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning" she said as she brought the white oversized blazer over shoulders of her the white slip dress and grabbed her mini Hermes purse

As she walked through the the doors of the restaurant she noticed a few photographers at the front but thankfully they didn't take any pictures of her yet, they obviously knew her date was here.

The maître d' greeted her respectfully
"Do you have a reservation?" He asked
"Yes" she replied slightly nervously
"May I have the name Mademoiselle?"
"Gigi Cavendish - the reservation might be under Windsor or Wales" she said quietly not wanting to draw attention the maître d' eyes widen slightly "of course mademoiselle, if you'd follow me you are the gentleman is in the private dining room this evening"