Chapter 10: The Mastermind

1125 trudged down the hallway with urgency. It was almost time for her plan to be set in motion. Reaching the storage room, she made sure nobody was watching closely before entering it. Naturally, Raz and Gabriel were in the room awaiting her return. Though, she furrowed her brows when she saw what they were doing. "Seriously? Playing cards? Now of all the times?" She said, with a twig of annoyance, but amusement as well. Raz rolled his eyes in response, scoffing. "Relax. Nobody but you could have even gotten in this room to begin with. I set up an illusion after you left. To them, the door isn't even there." 1125 placed a hand on her hip. Raz was the simplest minded out of the group, but he was still resourceful.

"Never mind that." she said as she reached into her pocket. She pulled out three silver bracelets, visible traces of purple chrome glowing in the metal. Raz and Gabriel peer over at the contraption at the same time, intrigued. "For a powerful weapon, it looks more aesthetic." Raz muttered. Gabriel grunted in agreement. 1125 smirked, before placing one of them onto her wrist. She then handed the other bracelets to her allies. "Don't even think about trying to use them yet. We have to wait for JJ." Raz frowned, disdain present in his expression. "You got one for him, right?" 1125 nodded, presenting the final bracelet to them. "He sent me a message just as I got the bracelets." Raz stood up from his makeshift seat of boxes before scratching his head. "We got the bracelets. Shouldn't we just be...leaving? This is all we needed to do right? So what gives?" 1125 shrugged. "He told us to stay here. He must be thinking of something else."

Gabriel grumbled, his deep voice mimicking that of a bellow. "We have all learned to trust the boy's judgment. He is young, but smart." They all knew that for certain. 1125 more than the rest of them. It was almost scary how intelligent JJ was, for such a young age. He never detailed specifics of his past, or the type of upbringing he had. Whatever it was, they obviously molded him into the person he is today.

If you could even call him a 'person.'

The vibe was eerily similar to 9637, yet there was still a disparity between the two. She just couldn't figure out what it encompassed however. "Come join us in blackjack." Raz said. "We have plenty of time." Or so they thought. A few moments later, a green outline of a door formed on one of the walls. Stepping out from it was JJ. He had his black mask on, the green outlines coursing through it. "Always found this technology super cool." Raz said with a whistle. "What did you name it again, sage technology? Pretty sweet." JJ paid no mind to Raz, holding out his hand to 1125. She got the memo, and tossed him the bracelet. JJ put it on his wrist, the purple chrome within glowing. "Our plans have gotten an overhaul." JJ said. 1125 raised an eyebrow, wondering where he was headed with this.

"We will destroy Chromatic Laboratories."

Meanwhile, below ground.

9637 stood in front of the conveyor belt which produced the chromatic bracelets. Distributing the bracelets to all personnel would assist in the search for Echo, as well as giving them a form of self defense. Albeit, teaching them to use the bracelet was another field to cross. The way he utilized the bracelet differed from the rest of the facility, but that was to be expected either way. 9637 couldn't shake another thought from his head however. After hearing about the incident at the chrome caverns, the JJ individual had to have been exceptionally talented to use chrome in similar ways that he does. It was almost disturbing.

Almost.

Then, there was 1125. Ever since she returned to the lab, she was different. Her usual demeanor of being shy and timid had crumbled, and replaced with sweet confidence. It was noticeable in her speech and her attire. As well as the constant feeling of magic at work. When she spoke, her words washed over him like a bullet train. While they did nothing to him, it swayed the minds of others. Including 1245 and 5554. 9637 sighed as he exited the room. As he did, he was met with 5554, whistling and trudging down the hall. 9637 approached, raising a hand in greetings.