Chapter 3: Viral

Tamsin and Negavirus trudged across the multicolored grass, a grim look on both faces. "You've told me, Vi...time works differently within this place, yes?" Vi nods, placing her hands behind her back whilst glancing back to Tamsin. "Yeah. Out in the real world, two days have already passed. But for us, it's only been a few hours or so." Tamsin sighed, closing his eyes. It was quite the predicament they were in. "How long until we get to this gate?" He asked. "Not much further from our location..you must be in quite the hurry." Tamsin raised an eyebrow, perplexed. "I'm certain anyone would be in a hurry to return back to their world." Vi side-eyed Tamsin. "I guess. I'm still surprised you remain standing." Tamsin tilted his head. "Why be surprised about that?" Vi sighed, closing her eyes as she walked.

"This place..this world..it's toxic, especially to humans. It's a wonder you still stand before me." Tamsin glanced around his surroundings, intrigued. "I see." The two continued to walk in awkward silence towards the gate. It wasn't long before the two heard mystical whooshing in front of them, as Vi turned to face Tamsin, whilst gesturing to the gate. Two pillars of gray rock, with a green energy swirling in the middle. "Alright. This is it."Tamsin inspected the gate. It obviously was some sort of wormhole, yet it didn't show signs of collapsing. "You said by passing through this gate, it'll kill me, no..?" Vi nodded solemnly, averting her gaze.

"There isn't much else I'm able to do. If I tried to transport you myself, then it would also surely kill you on the spot." Tamsin shifted his gaze towards the gate once again. "Are you positive there is no other way out?" Vi nodded, confident in such. "I really wish I could do more..I'm very sorry." Tamsin exhaled in disappointment. "It's alright. It isn't your fault anyways. I was transported here somehow, and I intend to get out." Vi stared at him, wondering how he could pull this off. "This problem is too large...how will you even do that?" Tamsin smiled at his friend.

"I am a scientist, friend. I solve problems."

Vi stared at him blankly for a few seconds, before giggling and bowing her head. "I commend your enthusiasm. You're hopeful about this situation you're in." She then frowned. "But don't be naive about it. For your own sake." Tamsin nods, understanding. Tamsin then rolled up one sleeve and revealed a silver bracelet. Vi was confused by what he was planning, but she observed anyway. "This is confidential information, but I don't think it matters anymore. This is purple chrome. Something my place of work has discovered. I believe it is the key to getting me out here." Vi walked closer to him, intrigued by the contraption on his wrist. "It looks so simple...are you sure that little thing can get you out of here?" Tamsin smiled at the girl. "Only one way to find out."

Before the two could do anything else, the sound of grinding metal echoed across the landscape. It was like nails on a chalkboard, but far worse. Vi covered her ears, visibly grimacing, whilst Tamsin remained idle, narrowing his eyes. "Ugh! What the heck is that noise?" Vi shouted over it. Tamsin shifted his gaze towards the source of the sound, to see a glowing silver light manifesting a few feet away from himself and NegaVirus.

Powerful energy radiated off of the light, as it suddenly began to gain shape before the twos eyes. A suit of gleaming metal armed swirled from seemingly nowhere, and clamped itself around the light, encasing and sniffing it. When the ordeal was completed, the terrible sound also subsided. "What..is that...?" Vi murmured to Tamsin. Tamsin glowered at it, also perplexed by the sudden appearance. "I do not know. But I believe we are about to find out."

The armor cladded being was at least seven feet tall and stared down at the two individuals with a fierce, yet tranquil gaze. It was a literal suit of armor. Albeit the armor was animated as if it's existence was sentient in some way. Tamsin was about to open his mouth and speak, but the being spoke, its voice rattling the area. "Do not speak, scientist. You are to stay here for as long as you live." Tamsins expression shifted to one of curiosity.

"I stay here. I presume that means you are the one who brought me here?" The armored menace nodded. Vi then quickly interrupted. "So, whoever you are..why did you bring him here? If you brought him, you must be aware of how toxic this place is to humans." The armor cackled, its voice rumbling the area once again. "If this man was human, he surely would have died by now." NegaVirus grimaced, looking to the side. That was quite true. Tamsin cleared his throat. "Well, you are my "captor," so I wish to know who you are." The armored being chuckled, as it spoke once more.

"I am one of many who exist. I am one of the keepers of total balance. We have done so for eons." It stepped forward slowly, each step rumbling the ground as it trudged closer. NegaVirus took a few nervous steps back, whilst Tamsin remained unperturbed by the being. He stared up at the being, his expression neutral.

"I am one of The Watchers."