𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡: 17

Summer
——————
"Mona! We gotta go if we want to beat the hoard of people!"

Austin's voice carries up the stairs as I finish applying my sunscreen and making any adjustments to my bikini as I've never worn it before. It's a mint green bikini with a skirted bottom that compliments my body perfectly. I knew when I first laid eyes on it that I loved it.

"Coming! Just another minute!"

I turn off the light to my bathroom and quickly slide into my sandals before grabbing my sunglasses and making my way down the stairs to Austin. Our waterpark bags are in his hands and he has on navy blue swim trunks with a black tank on. I can't help but notice already how gorgeous his body looks and I fight back staring. Someone though doesn't fight back any stares as I notice his eyes take in my figure.

"You uh ready to go now?" He says with slight awkwardness as he nods toward the front door.

I smile a little, feeling a slight blush coming on due to the fact that he seemed to admire my body. Does this mean he finally likes me the way I like him?

"Mhm! Did you make sure everything is in there?"

"Yeah, I checked three times."

"Alright let's hit the road!"

I follow him out and into his.....Cadillac?!

"Woah! Since when did you get this? Last time we were riding in a Volkswagen."

He chuckles then responds, "Oh my dad bought it for me yesterday and I didn't tell you because I wanted to surprise you with it today. I kept it in the garage until now."

"So I'm your first passenger?"

"It seems so m'lady."

I giggle at his dodgy accent and get into the car as he sets our bags in the back. He then gets in and puts on his black sunglasses, which somehow make him even hotter, before he starts up the car and we start our drive to the waterpark.

The sun is beaming and the breeze is steady as lawnmowers and sounds of laughing kids can be heard up and down the street of our neighborhood. This has to be the perfect summer day. Now we just need to drop the top on this thing.

"Austin?"

"Yes?"

"Mind dropping the top? I want to experience the full fantasy."

"Yeah sure," he chuckles, "just push that silver button there."

I tap the silver button he motioned to and the top starts to go back as it folds neatly to allow the sky to be our new roof. This is the life. Now all I need is for the man sitting next to me to be more than a friend.

———
We arrive after many summer coded songs blast through the speakers and hop out. Austin once again is carrying both bags like the gentleman he is. We head to the ticket booth and buy our two tickets before being released into the park and starting the journey of finding two open chairs.

The park is expansive but yet every chair seems to be taken, well almost every chair as Austin keenly found us one when I thought hope was all lost. We set our bags down and he starts to apply his sunscreen. I got mine done at the house but I need my back so I wait for him as I observe the people around us.

"I'm pretty sure your mother taught you not to stare Mona."

"Shut it. I'm just people watching. Besides none of them are paying attention to me. Now are you finished? I need my back done."

He lets out a small giggle before telling me to move a bit closer so he can help me out. I lift my hair and cold sunscreen soon hits my back.

"Need me to get yours after?"